News Article: Leafs vs Sabres - Outdoor game - Hamilton - March 13

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
anyone have any good excuses to convince my old lady to vacation to Hamilton in march???

thanks in advance
Sounds like the game is probably your best bet.

But really, you could just go to Toronto and make the day trip to Hamilton for the game.

Reactions: hoglund

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Surprised people aren't more excited for this.
I've never been a big fan of the outdoor game, I guess the shine is wearing off?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
anyone have any good excuses to convince my old lady to vacation to Hamilton in march???

thanks in advance

Hamilton is the new destination hot spot.

Monaco is out, Hamilton is in, and that's without even mentioning the picturesque views and world-class dining.....

......... but it's freaking Barfalo man..... yuck.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
My Dad went to the Leafs/Wings at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor - short drive from here in Windsor. Said the experience was pretty good, but the lineups for the bathroom there were atrociously long (maybe not a lot of bathrooms there?...100,000 + seats), and the weather was crazy bad - I believe it was very cold and lots of snow that day. If I remember he said it was so cold and snowing to the point of having your pants freeze.

I'd consider going to one of these potentially one day.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Mid March seems a bit late to ensure good ice. But I guess if they can do them in places much further South it's not that much of an issue.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
My Dad went to the Leafs/Wings at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor - short drive from here in Windsor. Said the experience was pretty good, but the lineups for the bathroom there were atrociously long (maybe not a lot of bathrooms there?...100,000 + seats), and the weather was crazy bad - I believe it was very cold and lots of snow that day. If I remember he said it was so cold and snowing to the point of having your pants freeze.

Went to OTT vs. VAN at BC place here in Vancouver like 7 years back. Was a cool experience for sure, but It lacks a bit of intensity being in that big of a stadium IMO. Plus OTT and VAN have no animosity at all and not geographically tied to one another so there really wasn't a good storyline pregame. I was in the upper deck, and the site lines were totally fine, but I think I'd rather pay normal ticket prices to see a game in a smaller setting TBH. And we didn't even have to brave subzero temps lol. A nice breezy 7 degree's probably lol

I think outdoor games are probably a bit better in the states just because there would be a tailgating atmosphere before the game. The states just does all sporting events better than us IMO. I can imagine the Kraken will have an outdoor game soon, likely against the Canucks as well. That will be on my list of things to do. Seattle is going to have a really good fanbase. Going to the Hawks games is easily one of the best tickets in the Pacific Northwest. Can't imagine how nuts it would be watching puck in that stadium. Especially if its Canuck vs. Kraken. The 2 cities are only 2hrs drive apart. May not sound crazy for East Coaster's, but for us that's as close as it gets. I wanna say that 1/4 of all season ticket holders for the Hawks are from Van. Maybe even higher. SO a Canucks Kraken game would be a crazy atmosphere. Easily 50/50 split

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

It was pretty cold and snowy and yeah the washroom lines sucked. I remember only a few washrooms, but they were in big buildings separate from the actual stadium. It was a cool experience, although getting back to the hotels after on the designated buses was a nightmare. A few friends and I were stranded in a hookah bar nearby for a few hours before we found a cab.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hamilton (not even in Toronto anymore) eh? Buffalo Sabres eh? In mid March eh? Sounds like they put the Winter/Heritage/Outdoor Classic concept in the equivalent of the Zellers clearance rack...

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Surprised people aren't more excited for this.
I've never been a big fan of the outdoor game, I guess the shine is wearing off?
I'm treally excited of this sire! :clap: I also made the first investements already milord. This is a game we WIN. Definitely. Invest hard on this and gamble all of y'alls moneys and houses sire This is a bank one. Guaranteed game. WE WON!!! THIS IS ALREADY OVER!! I'm so EXCITED AND LOVE LIFE!!!!! :heart:

Sep 18, 2009
I'm treally excited of this sire! :clap: I also made the first investements already milord. This is a game we WIN. Definitely. Invest hard on this and gamble all of y'alls moneys and houses sire This is a bank one. Guaranteed game. WE WON!!! THIS IS ALREADY OVER!! I'm so EXCITED AND LOVE LIFE!!!!! :heart:
We meeting up and twerkin milord :clap:

Reactions: Coachcorner

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Has anyone heard if the Leafs are going to release a Heritage Classic Uni? I can't see any reason why they wouldn't. Unless they plan on recycling one of their previous 2 outdoor kits, which would be very un-MLSE.

I just want this organization to take my money already so I can get a fresh Muzz or Campbell Jersey....

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
ya lets go to a different city when we can just use the one in our back yard where TFC plays. But ok, sure, why not.

It's right in the middle of Toronto/Buffalo and a Sabres home game so makes sense. An ex of mine lived in Buffalo for school so we'd always meet up half way in Hamilton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad