Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
okay so Barrie and Ceci gone at deadline for what exactly? Do we want to send Barrie + Bracco for Georgiev+?

I know Rangers fans wouldn't take it but its far more reasonable of value then what they want.

The sellers set the terms unfortunately, they are perfectly fine with keeping Georgiev so unless they get what they want every team can forget about him...even though he's WAY overvalued

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Hutch needs to be good. It would be nice if our 11 million winger would be good for the entire game instead of certain moments. That would help too.
yup and when he plays good which is most of the time you say nothing good about him good to know, not sure what Marner done to you...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maner sometimes needs to remember that this is the NHL and you don't always get away with fancy moves. That EN goal was a good example. I believe they call it bad puck management.
It wasn't good but Barrie put him in a tough spot.
Equal blame on that one, IMO.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Rangers won't give Maple Leafs look at Alexandar Georgiev - New York Post
Georgiev has seen plenty of action against the Maple Leafs in his career and has played well, posting a .929 save percentage across five games. That includes both starts against Toronto this season. In the most recent he made 44 saves on 48 shots.

“We thought about that, but just decided we were gonna do this,” coach David Quinn said Tuesday after practice.

The Maple Leafs’ goaltending situation behind No. 1 Frederik Andersen has been subpar, with backup Michael Hutchinson posting a .886 save percentage and 3.62 goals against average in 14 games. Hutchinson will be in net Wednesday after Andersen left Monday’s game early with a neck injury that will keep him from traveling to New York.

Finding a trade partner for Georgiev would help solve the Rangers’ three-headed goalie situation. The 23-year-old, who will turn 24 Monday, has not started since Jan. 21. His only action since then came Monday night in mop-up duty after relieving Henrik Lundqvist to start the third period.

Quinn said Georgiev’s recent inaction is the reason why “he’s probably going to play on Friday” against the Sabres.

“We’re getting to the point where it’s going to be, someone’s gotta play really well,” Quinn said. “The guys that are playing really well will play. We’ve kind of been sorting this out with three, but it’s not an easy situation. But we’re going to make the best of it. These guys have handled it very well.”

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Reactions: al secord

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Maner sometimes needs to remember that this is the NHL and you don't always get away with fancy moves. That EN goal was a good example. I believe they call it bad puck management.

I still remember Kadri used to play like that when he first joined the Leafs...thought he was still playing for the London Knights...he became a much better NHL player when he learned to play the right way with managing the puck.

Reactions: ToneDog

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I still remember Kadri used to play like that when he first joined the Leafs...thought he was still playing for the London Knights...he became a much better NHL player when he learned to play the right way with managing the puck.

Marner is twice the puck handler Kadri ever was and also just a more intuitive player. Kadri would try to dangle 1v5.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Who cares. Vented on the other Leaf site and had enough of this puSS8y assed bunch. Soft team and Dubas' ineptitude at improving the D and finding a suitable backup while handing out big money has hurt this team. I hope we actually falter out of the playoff picture.
Then why bother investing time into it when you are so clearly unhappy. If you have so much disdain just stop watching and posting about it.

Reactions: OddyOh

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
okay so Barrie and Ceci gone at deadline for what exactly? Do we want to send Barrie + Bracco for Georgiev+?

I know Rangers fans wouldn't take it but its far more reasonable of value then what they want.
Why would they want two UFA RHD when they have Trouba, DeAngelo, and Fox?

Also terrible value. We'd be better off trading Barrie and Ceci to teams that actually need them and then pay a reasonable price for a backup. That is a massive overpayment.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Leafs seem to do well in NY.
Expect a win here in a high scoring game.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Leafs seem to do well in NY.
Expect a win here in a high scoring game.
Always against Hank though. For some reason no matter how bad we were, we always lit him up. Georgiev on the other hand plays like superman.

We'll see what Igor has in store for us tonight.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Who cares. Vented on the other Leaf site and had enough of this puSS8y assed bunch. Soft team and Dubas' ineptitude at improving the D and finding a suitable backup while handing out big money has hurt this team. I hope we actually falter out of the playoff picture.

Dude...not much of a Leafs fan I see...hoping for them to lose is hint #1

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Tampa, Boston, Columbus and Montreal all picked up wins last night, and Florida was able to get a point as well.

We aren't in must-win territory yet but the next three games definitely should be wins if this team is expecting much help from Dubas at the TDL. Especially if they want short term help.

Reactions: ToneDog

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Hutch needs to be good. It would be nice if our 11 million winger would be good for the entire game instead of certain moments. That would help too.
Yeah 2 points a night since his injury just isn't good enough , how dare he put us in a postion to win , shame on him .

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Tampa, Boston, Columbus and Montreal all picked up wins last night, and Florida was able to get a point as well.

We aren't in must-win territory yet but the next three games definitely should be wins if this team is expecting much help from Dubas at the TDL. Especially if they want short term help.
I would highly recommend keeping pace though. Whatever you want to describe as must win.
It looks like it's going to go down to the wire with Florida/Toronto/Philly/Columbus/Carolina/Islanders.
Miss out on some opportunities and you could off the list.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Always against Hank though. For some reason no matter how bad we were, we always lit him up. Georgiev on the other hand plays like superman.

Leafs won in NY already this year and put 6 goals in past Georgiev.

Leafs lost in Toronto vs Rangers but still put 4 goals in past Grorgiev.

5.0 GAA vs Leafs this season.

Edit: Didn't realize you mentioned Igor going in tonight. Ignore the above.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Is he confirmed to start?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Rangers have no need for Barrie. Rangers have youth that need spots like Hajek, Rykov and Lundkvist on Defense. Rangers need forwards with size grit and that can play a regular shift so Smith does not have to play forward anymore

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I have zero...nada...none confidence in Hutch. That said, the next 3 games are ones that our offense should be able to outscore our goaltending and defensive ineptitude.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->