Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Well on to the next one.
Have the same feeling after the 3rd period choke vs the Flames, so we need to respond again.
A win on Wednesday and this will be forgotten.
If we don't call up Lilly after that garbage by Ceci for this game, wow.
Also Marner needs to be a more consistent superstar. That was unacceptable.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Who cares. Vented on the other Leaf site and had enough of this puSS8y assed bunch. Soft team and Dubas' ineptitude at improving the D and finding a suitable backup while handing out big money has hurt this team. I hope we actually falter out of the playoff picture.
There are other teams you can cheer for, instead of hating on everything. If your hoping for losses, your just not a fan.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't have much faith without Andersen. He may have his flaws, but for the most part he's still an above average goalie and we sure as hell don't have anything even average in the system besides him. With how this team plays, they won't exactly be insulating the goalie either. Dunno what's in store, hope I'm wrong but hard to believe if Andersen is out for an extended period. Hope Dubas is shopping around a piece like Barrie just in case, cause he could probably fetch a pretty penny at the deadline.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
There are other teams you can cheer for, instead of hating on everything. If your hoping for losses, your just not a fan.

He has every right to be upset. Just because he criticizes the team doesn't mean he's not a fan, I would argue he's bigger of a fan
He's not hating, he's like everyone else is just frustrated with this team

They'll win this game. Because it's not an important game as the last one. We are good at winning non critical games

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
okay so Barrie and Ceci gone at deadline for what exactly? Do we want to send Barrie + Bracco for Georgiev+?

I know Rangers fans wouldn't take it but its far more reasonable of value then what they want.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man if Andersen is gone we dont have much of a chance

On a side note. It's fair to fault dubas for not having a better backup than hutch. He should have been trying to get a legit number 2 guy who can play good for 20-25 games a year. However expecting him to find a 2nd number one goalie is ridiculous and unheard of. If we had two of those type of goalies we dont have a muzzin/kapanen/barrie+kerfoot etc. A player who can give you 40-45 starts (khudobins/halaks/greiss) of the world would have cost us 3.5-4.5 million and we would need to sacrifice a big piece of the team.

You can't have two great goalies and great offense and a sexy defense. Sucks Andy got hurt but dubas only fault here is not having a better guy than hutch not a guy who could come in and play 20-25 games to end the year off and give us consistently good goaltending (AKA what Andersen would be doing if he stays healthy)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'd like to see more from our depth players. It seems like only Hyman, Engvall and Spezza are meeting/exceeding expectations. Guys like Johnsson, Moore, Kapanen, and Kerfoot haven't really progressed at all and that's a shame

Once

Jul 16, 2010
The inevitable Freddy injury was bound to happen and it’s a known fact that we aren’t a serious threat without him. Let’s hope he’s good to go here soon and this isn’t a long term thing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dubas have any more firsts to spend? Maybe the Rags goalie just walks down the hall and changes his shirt before warmup.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hutch needs to be good. It would be nice if our 11 million winger would be good for the entire game instead of certain moments. That would help too.

Reactions: FireBabcock

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Still hurting from yesterday, But gotta turn the page at this point, gonna focus on some positives:
- Grand scheme of things we have a much better schedule then Florida from this point on
- Nylander has gone full beast mode and I would argue has been our best and most consistent offensive threat game in and game out. When you have talents like Matthews and Marner, that bodes extremely well for our team
- Tavares has been average to below average. I mean Zach Hyman has looked better! (great for Hyman, but not a good look for JT) But to me the optimism here is there's NO way he could continue to be that bad
- Trade deadline is coming and gotta think some things start to heat up, and I'm optimistic Dubas addresses our main weaknesses of a RD and backup Goalie - If last nights game didn't accentuate that, I'm not sure what would
- Freddy is 'day to day' so I expect he'll be back soon, and the teams we have coming up in our schedule, we can manage to beat those teams with Hutch

Wow it was way harder typing the above and being optimistic then I thought. Last nights game definitely did a number on me.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Hutch needs to be good. It would be nice if our 11 million winger would be good for the entire game instead of certain moments. That would help too.

Maner sometimes needs to remember that this is the NHL and you don't always get away with fancy moves. That EN goal was a good example. I believe they call it bad puck management.

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad