GDT: Leafs vs Preds - 8PM TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Need to have a statement game here. Lot's of easy points available in our next 5, we cant squander this or we are selling. Also AM34 needs a hat trick to shut up Bruin fans. Freddy with the shut out, time to turn it around.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Definitely need to go on a 4 or 5 game win streak here or something like 4-1.

Should help out with the pairings quite a bit having muzzin back.

Let's get back at it here Leafs. Time to show up when you really need to.... with a big stretch of winnable games.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Welcome back from the injury Muzzin, hope you're ready to play 28 minutes tonight.

Freddy played on Saturday night, so hopefully he's ready to go. Having him in the All-Star game might be a bit of a blessing because he's always terrible after breaks.

I got a bad feeling about tonight, but I think we're still gonna win four or five of the next six.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Finally hockey is back.
Well rested, they should be flying tonight.

They'll be in tough tonight and Wednesday though.
Any coasting could find them losing both.

Last edited:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Need to come out guns ablazin' tonight. Put pressure on the teams that won every game while we were on our break.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Finally hockey is back.
Well rested, they should be flying tonight.

Recall they came out flying last year after the break. Recall Marleau played his best games of the season and then the team went south for most of the rest of the season
Who comes out when Rielly comes back ?

Someone needs to play on their off side ?

Too early to predict since Rielly will be out until mid March. We probably have a new dman in the lineup by then.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Recall they came up flying last year after the break. Recall Marleau played his best games of the season and then the team went south for most of the rest of the season

Too early to predict since Rielly will be out until mid March. We probably have a new dman in the lineup by then.
Seeing how they've already been South this season perhaps it's only upward from here.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs really need to put a winning streak together again here, as there is little room for error heading down the stretch and we need some breathing room.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Recall they came out flying last year after the break. Recall Marleau played his best games of the season and then the team went south for most of the rest of the season

Good Point, didn't really think about that, so far away.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Well back to reality today..

Our Leafs have lost 5 of their last 6 games and given up 30 goals against a 5.0 GAA during that time and they only game they won they scored 7 goals against NJD, while still giving up 4 in the process.

This has been our worst stretch the entire season as 2020 has gotten off to a real struggle.

Time to flip the script and that begins against Nashville tonight.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Need to have a statement game here. Lot's of easy points available in our next 5, we cant squander this or we are selling. Also AM34 needs a hat trick to shut up Bruin fans. Freddy with the shut out, time to turn it around.

Definitely need to go on a 4 or 5 game win streak here or something like 4-1.

Should help out with the pairings quite a bit having muzzin back.

Let's get back at it here Leafs. Time to show up when you really need to.... with a big stretch of winnable games.

Playing at home always helps, that's why NSH is a slight betting favourite in this one.

OTT is the only game that should be relatively easy. Our only other home game in the next 5 is FLA which will be a tough one but we'll be at home, we'll be substantial underdogs on the road against DAL and odds in NY will likely be similar to what there are tonight - roughly even chances, neither team should be more than a very slight favourite.

So one game (OTT) where we'll be big favourites, one game (DAL) where we'll be substantial underdogs and 3 games where neither team is a big favourite. Based on that, I'd say that the schedule is far from easy and our projected outcome is 6 points out of a possible 10. We need to start out-performing expectations at this point if we're to make the playoffs and every game is huge. With that in mind, winning tonight would be a good start.

GLG!!

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Not the end of the world if they lose, it’s a road game and Nashville still is a hard team, but I’d think leafs need to win 6 of the next 10 in order to stay alive in playoff hunt.
An exciting, pressure filled stretch of games starts tonight.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Playing at home always helps, that's why NSH is a slight betting favourite in this one.

OTT is the only game that should be relatively easy. Our only other home game in the next 5 is FLA which will be a tough one but we'll be at home, we'll be substantial underdogs on the road against DAL and odds in NY will likely be similar to what there are tonight - roughly even chances, neither team should be more than a very slight favourite.

So one game (OTT) where we'll be big favourites, one game (DAL) where we'll be substantial underdogs and 3 games where neither team is a big favourite. Based on that, I'd say that the schedule is far from easy and our projected outcome is 6 points out of a possible 10. We need to start out-performing expectations at this point if we're to make the playoffs and every game is huge. With that in mind, winning tonight would be a good start.

GLG!!

Yeah I'm pretty much agreeing with what you said... but I guess I should of worded it better. They are all winnable games... Dallas will be tough though.

If they want to seriously make a run at the playoffs and a divisional spot they need to go about 4-1 here.

Leafs when they're on... are better then all these teams ... at least I think so

Like always though... until they get 1 or 2 more actually talented d man... or freddy gets back to playing lights out... all they can do is outscore their problems... which I think most of the time we'll have to happen.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He has some of the best defensive underlying numbers out there. I think there's some form of perception that "smaller" and "soft" players aren't great of penalty killers.

If anything, I've really liked his 2-way game a lot more than I thought I would. He's been really good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad