GDT: Leafs vs Preds - 8PM TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Real hockey is back!! Let’s go

Thought there is practice today? But haven’t heard much. Looking forward to seeing Muzzin and Moore back as well as a rejuvenated and more determined leafs team. We need a win here and our confindence comes back and we go another hot run!

GLG!

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Leafs tend to play very poorly when they come back from a break, expecting a poor showing

Most of the time I would agree and I do expect some rust, but given they are outside looking in for a playoff spot, I expect them to figure it out and play with some urgency, optimistic I guess ;)

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Leafs tend to play very poorly when they come back from a break, expecting a poor showing
Ya, I’m not buying that. We’re in desperate shape to make the playoffs. If we come out listless this team needs to be broken up. There is no buffer anymore, we need to get our shit together yesterday. I’m expecting a spirited effort.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Expecting a garbage performance.

No doubt in my mind the boys partied too much over the break and will come out flat as a pancake. I still can't shake that performance in Florida, a very important game and the boys just didn't care whatsoever.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Expecting a garbage performance.

No doubt in my mind the boys partied too much over the break and will come out flat as a pancake. I still can't shake that performance in Florida, a very important game and the boys just didn't care whatsoever.

Part of me actually believes it’s overconfidence that has got them in trouble, but I honestly think when they look at the standings now they’ll realize they better get their s*it together and start playing the way they’re capable off. If I’m wrong, then I’m sure we’re going to start seeing some changes to this team makeup

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Jeeze there are not many positive vibes going into this game. I'm going in confident we get the win and change our fortunes going forward. Need a big one from Freddie!

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We better win. Flordia is gonna have 2 games in hand when we meet them on Monday. I'm hoping to be atleast tied with them at them game but ideally we go 3-0 this week and Panthers lose to the habs giving us a 2 pt lead going into that game.

Everyone needs to be ready to play from the get go. The stars, supporting players, rookie, and the goalies. Andersen needs to rebound from his horrible 3 week stretch and get back to being a borderline top 7 goalie.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Feel the boys are going to take it more seriously going forward, starting with Nashville.

3-1 leafs

Matty with 2 and nylander with 1

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
With the team up to the cap the way it is with limited ability to upgrade and so many flaws, I could see the team and core being partially dismantled in the not too distant future. So really, all those kids needs to realize this could be last call for the way the team is currently configured.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
With the team up to the cap the way it is with limited ability to upgrade and so many flaws, I could see the team and core being partially dismantled in the not too distant future. So really, all those kids needs to realize this could be last call for the way the team is currently configured.

They can also start renovating the front office a bit too while they're at it. Remember when people thought the Matthews, Marner, Nylander contracts would be sweetheart deals since we had cap master and CBA writer Brandon Pridham managing the cap. That turned out real great

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Nice so that means he’s pretty much staying right?
If you are good enough, you are good enough. I don’t care about the 10 game thing if you are qualified and skilled enough to help the big team. He should stay if he has positive effect.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Ya, I’m not buying that. We’re in desperate shape to make the playoffs. If we come out listless this team needs to be broken up. There is no buffer anymore, we need to get our **** together yesterday. I’m expecting a spirited effort.

I'll take the under on that.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
If Andy plays like Andy, this team is unstoppable

Andy is playing like Andy. Inconsistent as hell. This is what he's always been.

It all comes down to whether we get a composed performance out of him or whether Mr. Game 7 shows up as demonstrated below:

First time I've watched the highlights of this game and just look at the 2nd and 4th goal he gives up. Same type of backbreakers. Bottomline, we need to stop wasting time and find a real starter ASAP

Reactions: LeafsRus

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Jeeze there are not many positive vibes going into this game. I'm going in confident we get the win and change our fortunes going forward. Need a big one from Freddie!

like your optimism. And I will be cheering, but I have to “guard my heart” ( can’t take too many more debacles like the Chicago or Florida’s performances).

I find it best to recognize their warts and to not get expectations too high, that way it doesn’t sting so much if it goes south.

And hope; like the masterpieces against St. Louis or the Islanders, because when they’re “on”, they can take our breath away with their skill and speed.

Reactions: robertmac43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad