Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Oilers

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You won't see Hutch start another game for Leafs. Leafs are just letting him collect an NHL wage. When next backup start occurs Kask will be called back up.

Reactions: supermann_98

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not expecting anything good from the Leafs, who are a disgrace to Toronto and to sports in general.

Nasty entitled lazy heartless pukes. Would prefer they call up the entire Marlies and send these heartless pukes down.
??
I'm upset over the game yesterday, but calm it down.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I'm still upset over yesterday's game, but we can make up for it tomorrow.

Kapanen and Nylander switch sides. Thats good, and looks like Moore is about to return. Keefe ended the Kapanen at LW experiment pretty quickly and for the best.

Moore has the type of game to play well in this possession style they now play. I see him eventually getting a shot on the Matthews-Nylander LW and really being what that line needs to finally excel

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

No need to go around it Sheldon, we know the actual reason.

We really need wins and Hutch just can't save jack squat right now. If you gotta ride out Freddie all to just get into the playoffs that's what you gotta do.

This terrible start to the season hasn't allowed a whole lot of margin for error and I'm a bit old school in the way I think about starting goalies. I grew up watching Fuhr start 75 games and Roy and Brodeur and Belfour constantly in the 70 start range.

Are they gonna burn Freddie out? If they don't make the playoffs it doesn't even matter. You hope he can handle it and get constant treatment and give him a lot of rest. (Less Leaf related promo's and whatnot).

I wouldn't mind if he started every game here on out, barring a back-to-back scenario where I'd give the backup the worse opponent. You wanna earn a big fat new contract Freddie? You earn it

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We really need wins and Hutch just can't save jack squat right now. If you gotta ride out Freddie all to just get into the playoffs that's what you gotta do.

This terrible start to the season hasn't allowed a whole lot of margin for error and I'm a bit old school in the way I think about starting goalies. I grew up watching Fuhr start 75 games and Roy and Brodeur and Belfour constantly in the 70 start range.

Are they gonna burn Freddie out? If they don't make the playoffs it doesn't even matter. You hope he can handle it and get constant treatment and give him a lot of rest. (Less Leaf related promo's and whatnot).

I wouldn't mind if he started every game here on out, barring a back-to-back scenario where I'd give the backup the worse opponent. You wanna earn a big fat new contract Freddie? You earn it
It's not wise to play him every game, but might not have a choice. I'm sure Dubas is trying to get a backup, but until he can, we have to ride Freddy.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
It's not wise to play him every game, but might not have a choice. I'm sure Dubas is trying to get a backup, but until he can, we have to ride Freddy.
I'd play him pretty much every game and cut his practice time if I had to get him rest.

This is really an all-in by Dubas with no capable backup options. If Freddie takes a slapper off the helmet and it rings his bell a little too hard the season is over

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keefe on addressing his team about the 3rd period.

Again, for me, it is not just the third period. I think the third period is where things catch up to you and the puck ends up going in your net, but there were spurts in the game yesterday in the second period, and in the Vancouver game as well, and those are things we need to get out of our game.
Also, when you go back and look at it, there were a lot of really good things happening as well. We can’t lose sight of that. We have set ourselves up to win most games since I’ve been here. We’ve been in good spots. We haven’t always dealt with it the best, and that is the area we have to continue to work at.

I agree completely with Keefe. The 3rd period sticks out because of the goals, but if we are being honest, the 2nd wasn't good either. We gave up many good chances in the 2nd and it finally cost us. However, the positive is we have been in every game since Keefe took over.

Looking at the 4 losses.
1st loss against Buffalo, leading 2-0 and then a terrible stretch in the 2nd, all though if Freddy was in net, I think we win the game.
2nd loss against Philly. Tie game middle of the 3rd, and then we know what happened after that.
3rd loss against Colorado. Tie game in the 3rd and then the mess up.
Then of course yesterday's game.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
As the only Leaf fan of my family the trash talk began before the Calgary game started for this Edmonton game. I've even got a few money bets on it with some friends.

Keefe if your as bright as some people in here believe you are. Please for the love of God dont start Hutch.

sincerely,

My Wallet
Keefe to your wallet, "You're welcome"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad