GDT: Leafs vs Oilers | CBC 7:00PM | Return Of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Small request mods, please delete any Oiler fans posting "easy win Leafers" or some such thing. It's unsettling. :)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Small request mods, please delete any Oiler fans posting "easy win Leafers" or some such thing. It's unsettling. :)

Anyone can post on our Forums as long as they aren't breaking Forum Rules. Unsettling? A little but nothing wrong with it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The Kingslayer knows.

it actually just hit me who your avatar is of! ...

I know nothing :facepalm:

Seems like a typical game that Toronto SHOULD win and manages to lose. Let's hope that isn't the case tonight. We need as many points as we can get against young teams.

it will be interesting to see if this year we can manage to change that fate. we did last year. Teams that we in theory "should have beaten" (aka, teams that were below us in the standings) we actually did (beat tampa twice, beat Philly twice, swept Florida, etc).

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Bernier's recent play is not a hot streak it's Bernier as usual, he was taken 11th overall and at draft day was projected to become an elite goalie so the sky is the limit for this guy, unfortunately it's taken this long to escape bench duties in LA so we can now see it.

REALLY!? Toronto has a goalie that's going to put up a .974 sv% this year? :sarcasm:

Honestly I love Reimer, everything he's done for the Leafs and his humility is a rare thing to find, but I think Bernier is better and will be playing the majority of the Leafs games.

If at least one of our goalies posts a .920 sv% or more this year, I'll be happy.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
yeah just a couple stitches, but he's playing tonight.

predicting a goal from rielly tonight

Great news! Hoping for another big game from Rielly, and hopefully Ranger can continue his solid play from the last two periods against Nashville.

GO LEAFS!

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Anyone can post on our Forums as long as they aren't breaking Forum Rules. Unsettling? A little but nothing wrong with it.

I was kidding.

Ya, the ******* of Bolton is a pretty evil dude.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Canadian Team?

Check.

Team that rarely plays in Toronto on a Saturday Night?

Check.

Players on the Oilers that will play their best game of the year in front of family, friends, and a national audience tonight?

Check.

Nights like these feel like a game the Oilers will show up and the Leafs will come flat.

Hoping for a W, anticipating a L.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
You probably will.

Softest team in the league IMO.

Good luck Leaf fans. Should be an easy W for you.

We are being husseled. Every game is tough. Oilers are off to a tough start... But I wouldn't be shocked if they turn that around soon. They just need a goalie who can keep them in or steal a game.

Tough game tonight. It's a pick em.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Canadian Team?

Check.

Team that rarely plays in Toronto on a Saturday Night?

Check.

Players on the Oilers that will play their best game of the year in front of family, friends, and a national audience tonight?

Check.

Nights like these feel like a game the Oilers will show up and the Leafs will come flat.

Hoping for a W, anticipating a L.

Ditto.

You just know the Oilers will want to win this one for Eakins too.

We'll see but I do see us losing this one unfortunately.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We are being husseled. Every game is tough. Oilers are off to a tough start... But I wouldn't be shocked if they turn that around soon. They just need a goalie who can keep them in or steal a game.

Tough game tonight. It's a pick em.

Every team is basically tough to beat these days. You can't take a night off. Heck the Panthers just beat Pittsburgh the other day.

nidnus13

Oct 29, 2010
Calgary
The Oilers are like a boy band, just a bunch of 1st overalls grouped together and expected the be slotted into the hall of fame, but it takes real drummers and guitarists to get you there something the Oilers are lacking

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Oilers lines actually stack up decently to the Leafs based on Zeke's stat line comparisons. The Leafs are a better team, though, and both more experienced + physical. The final determination is coaching - Randy Carlyle and his staff are better and have had more time to drill their systems in.

That said... the one way to victimise a team that relies on hot goaltending is extremely talented forwards, which the Oil have an abundance of...

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Oilers lines actually stack up decently to the Leafs based on Zeke's stat line comparisons. The Leafs are a better team, though, and both more experienced + physical. The final determination is coaching - Randy Carlyle and his staff are better and have had more time to drill their systems in.

That said... the one way to victimise a team that relies on hot goaltending is extremely talented forwards, which the Oil have an abundance of...

Yes but how do the Oilers and Leafs stack up Corsi wise?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Look at that big goofy grin on Jay's face talking about his newborn boy. Happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->