GDT: Leafs vs Oilers | CBC 7:00PM | Return Of Eakins

Status
Not open for further replies.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I have a feeling Rielly scores his first NHL goal tonight, skates backwards to center-ice and points at Dallas Eakins, the crowds gonna go crazy before he jumps onto the Oilers' bench and starts throwing haymakers at Acton and Brown.

The new king of Toronto, Morgan Rielly.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
I have a feeling Rielly scores his first NHL goal tonight, skates backwards to center-ice and points at Dallas Eakins, the crowds gonna go crazy before he jumps onto the Oilers' bench and starts throwing haymakers at Acton and Brown.

We should have Rielly throw muffins at the Edmonton players :sarcasm:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
why isn't yakupov getting first line minutes in Edmonton?

how long until he asks for a trade?

Because he's been playing terrible, along with Eberle. Hemsky is playing like 2006 Hemsky though and dominating.

BayStreetBullies*

Keep-calm-and-2ot2b5.jpg

Kyle Doobas*

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the process of refining another advanced stat metric based on the Leafs' ability to beat the odds over the past couple of years. It's derived from CORSI, the team's Win%, factors in shot distance (over something subjective like 'scoring chances), shots off turnovers, and goaltending save%, and so far it appears to have a strong negative correlation with CORSI itself.

So far I'm calling it the "Likelihood of Statistics' Erroneous Relevance", as it attempts to predict how irrelevant an existing statistical tool is, and I'm hoping it can be modified to measure other metrics.

I'm hoping that it can one day be held to the same high standards and valued as highly as Fenwick and CORSI, and thus be considered in the same conversations, e.g. "What do you think of the Leafs' CORSI, LoSER?"
:handclap:

vXCFnh1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the process of refining another advanced stat metric based on the Leafs' ability to beat the odds over the past couple of years. It's derived from CORSI, the team's Win%, factors in shot distance (over something subjective like 'scoring chances), shots off turnovers, and goaltending save%, and so far it appears to have a strong negative correlation with CORSI itself.

So far I'm calling it the "Likelihood of Statistics' Erroneous Relevance", as it attempts to predict how irrelevant an existing statistical tool is, and I'm hoping it can be modified to measure other metrics.

I'm hoping that it can one day be held to the same high standards and valued as highly as Fenwick and CORSI, and thus be considered in the same conversations, e.g. "What do you think of the Leafs' CORSI, LoSER?"

Love it!

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

:laugh:

Dam Rielly, you crazy

Tyler Biggs*

Bernier's recent play is not a hot streak it's Bernier as usual, he was taken 11th overall and at draft day was projected to become an elite goalie so the sky is the limit for this guy, unfortunately it's taken this long to escape bench duties in LA so we can now see it.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
These are the types of games that differentiate good teams from great teams. Great teams win every game they should. We're clearly the better team and there's no excuse to lose. However knowing the Leafs the past 12+ years they're gonna **** things up :facepalm:

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
predictions for today

Kessel scores 1 goal and 2 assist
Rielly no goal but 2 Assist
Gardiner 1 goal !

and Phaneuf hit
Eakins throws a rock at the Ref

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leafs HAVE to be ready for this game. The Oilers will be going at them hard. They have lots of Ontario boys playing on the big stage tonight, they want to win one for Eakins against his former organization, and they just plain want to turn their ship around. I just have a feeling if the Leafs are going to be screwing around in this game, they will lose.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Leafs HAVE to be ready for this game. The Oilers will be going at them hard. They have lots of Ontario boys playing on the big stage tonight, they want to win one for Eakins against his former organization, and they just plain want to turn their ship around. I just have a feeling if the Leafs are going to be screwing around in this game, they will lose.

Seems like a typical game that Toronto SHOULD win and manages to lose. Let's hope that isn't the case tonight. We need as many points as we can get against young teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad