Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets (Game 3 this week) Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
No I don't but I don't believe we won in spite of him as the post I replied to said. Fred did his job that game nothing more and certainly nothing less as the current popular narrative is spewing

And I'm hoping by the end of the season he will be back to his normal sv%

Agreed and never once in any of my posts did I say we won because of Andersen, but he did his job last game and inky bias would say otherwise.
I've said it before so I will say it again, a goalie can only keep you in a game,they can never win it for you
He hasn’t been at his “normal SV%” since 2018-19 despite the team in front of him improving. Every other team is able to have multiple defensive breakdowns in a game that don't lead to an automatic goal against, including the Leafs with Campbell or Hutchinson in net. It's just not an excuse anymore after so many games of the same thing.

If Andersen was remotely average in the last game against Vancouver and the first one against Winnipeg, they’d win both of those games.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
So we've gone from blaming Andersen for every goal and hating on him as soon as the first one is scored, to hating on him hours before the game ever starts.

Some of you guys need get a life.
Beats pretending he’s still good.

Reactions: AvroArrow

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He hasn’t been at his “normal SV%” since 2018-19 despite the team in front of him improving. Every other team is able to have multiple defensive breakdowns in a game that don't lead to an automatic goal against, including the Leafs with Campbell or Hutchinson in net. It's just not an excuse anymore after so many games of the same thing.

If Andersen was remotely average in the last game against Vancouver and the first one against Winnipeg, they’d win both of those games.
This might be true and we will know by the end of the season, but I will say last game alone Andersen made some great saves. The sentence you used "Every other team is able to have multiple defensive breakdowns in a game that don't lead to an automatic goal against, including the Leafs with Campbell or Hutchinson in net" is a bit bias as first of all we don't have "every" breakdown turned into a goal against and secondly lots of goals around the league comes from one team having a defensive breakdown.
As a matter of fact in the playoffs, especially in OT, the prevailing thought is the first team to make a mistake loses

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Beats pretending he’s still good.

Depends on what you mean by good. He's still a #1 goalie albeit a below average one at this point in his career and I'll bet that makes him 1000 times better at his chosen profession than you are at yours. He's also a Toronto Maple Leaf and as long as he is on our team, I will support him. If you want to spend your time trashing him, that's up to you, I just don't understand what it does for you. Does it make you feel a bit better about yourself, is that it?

It wouldn't hurt to show the man a little respect, the mature thing to do is to treat everyone with common courtesy. And you can take my word for it when I say that you behaving like an adult won't hurt our chances of winning games.

Reactions: rubous and saltming

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
To all the lurking Jets fans. Hello. Better hope your backup can make some saves. Also remember a few seasons ago when our team got outshot every game and you claimed how horrible we are and don't deserve playoff spots.

Now that the tables have turned, do you still stand by that viewpoint?

No need to answer.

Go Leafs Go. I'll be at work and missing the game, sadly.

Hoping for better officiating for both sides of the ice. Blatant slash on Reilly and Bogo got away with some holds. Those whistles can be used once in a while. More importantly, used fairly.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This might be true and we will know by the end of the season, but I will say last game alone Andersen made some great saves. The sentence you used "Every other team is able to have multiple defensive breakdowns in a game that don't lead to an automatic goal against, including the Leafs with Campbell or Hutchinson in net" is a bit bias as first of all we don't have "every" breakdown turned into a goal against and secondly lots of goals around the league comes from one team having a defensive breakdown.
As a matter of fact in the playoffs, especially in OT, the prevailing thought is the first team to make a mistake loses

A bit bias - massive understatement. Complete nonsense would more to the point.

Reactions: saltming

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Depends on what you mean by good. He's still a #1 goalie albeit a below average one at this point in his career and I'll bet that makes him 1000 times better at his chosen profession than you are at yours. He's also a Toronto Maple Leaf and as long as he is on our team, I will support him. If you want to spend your time trashing him, that's up to you, I just don't understand what it does for you. Does it make you feel a bit better about yourself, is that it?

It wouldn't hurt to show the man a little respect, the mature thing to do is to treat everyone with common courtesy. And you can take my word for it when I say that you behaving like an adult won't hurt our chances of winning games.
Hard to give the benefit of the doubt to the 5M goalie who has a .906 SV% over the last two seasons and still has yet to get it done in the playoffs. Dubas going all in on Lehner and offering Markstrom a contract last fall should tell you everything you need to know. The team has improved in front of him, yet he’s still not good enough and he’s still the elephant in the room come playoff time. Sorry.

Reactions: Lumberg

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
To all the lurking Jets fans. Hello. Better hope your backup can make some saves. Also remember a few seasons ago when our team got outshot every game and you claimed how horrible we are and don't deserve playoff spots.

Now that the tables have turned, do you still stand by that viewpoint?

No need to answer.

Go Leafs Go. I'll be at work and missing the game, sadly.

Hoping for better officiating for both sides of the ice. Blatant slash on Reilly and Bogo got away with some holds. Those whistles can be used once in a while. More importantly, used fairly.

What tables have turned?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hard to give the benefit of the doubt to the 5M goalie who has a .906 SV% over the last two seasons and still has yet to get it done in the playoffs. Dubas going all in on Lehner and offering Markstrom a contract last fall should tell you everything you need to know. The team has improved in front of him, yet he’s still not good enough and he’s still the elephant in the room come playoff time. Sorry.

What benefit of doubt? What are you talking about?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That would tell me he's looking for a backup and trying to improve the team anyway possible as he should be every offseason.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
What tables have turned?

I pointed it out clear as day. Our team got outshot every game, they claimed we didn't deserve a playoff spot. Jets get outshot and play poor defensively all season. Do they stand by that viewpoint still?

I'm sorry. Why do I need to clarify this? I feel like you are intentionally causing a riff here.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I would rather Hyman Mathews and Marner in the first period than in the third period.
Let Joe filter into that line in the second period .
Helle won't be warned up yet..

Better yet just keep Hyman in the first line.

Actually it'll be Brossoit -- not 100% sure, I could be wrong but Bross took over from Helle when he was pulled and still allowed 3 to make that 7-1 Habs.

Edit: Confirmed Brossoit starts for the Jets

Leafs need to throw Helle off his game early like the Habs did last week (7-1 Habs).

Habs were lucky they didn't face 'Helle the Vezina' but more like Freddy 5-hole that night. They got a couple freebies and Jets let the game get away from them and couldn't recover from there:

1st goal - Puck bounce off zamboni door towards wide open net
2nd - Beauty snipe, top corner
3rd - Cross pass and shot through 5-hole
4th - Missed assignment, beauty pass, tip-in above glove side

-- Helle pulled, Brossoit in --

5th - 5 hole
6th - backhand top shelve
7th - Through traffic

Last edited:

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
That would tell me he's looking for a backup and trying to improve the team anyway possible as he should be every offseason.
If you think Andersen with how he’s played deserves to start over Markstrom or Lehner going into this season.. oh boy I got some land to sell you.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Hey now NK94 might be the greatest McDonald's employee to ever exist

Reactions: Gary Nylund

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I find it so funny (also pathetic) how all out other fanbases go in making their GDTs when facing us while we could care less with ours. They think we care. I hope it offends them :laugh::laugh:

Honestly some of them are pretty hilarious then you have those extremely cringey ones like the Oilers lord of the rings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->