Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets (Game 3 this week) Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If the Leafs come out with the same effort as the last 2, this game won't be close. Play hard and don't let up because Helly is out, bring that same effort and absolutely embarrass them tonight.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Is it me, or if you took Marner, removed 7/8 of his brain and threw a beard on him in 4 years.....

mitch-marner-2019-38.jpg
scott-sabourin-2021-38.jpg

One has pupils like they're on cocaine.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I hope the boys don't underestimate Brossoit.

He's a very good backup goalie and I'd probably take him over Campbell....

Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I hope the boys don't underestimate Brossoit.

He's a very good backup goalie and I'd probably take him over Campbell....

Yup, but from what I've seen this year they haven't taken a night off. Even the games they lost, the effort was respectable (except that first game vs Ottawa) Just start on time and pick up from where we left off, keep cycling it and keep the pressure up. I don't think its humanely possible for anyone to play better than Helly so I love our chances.

Reactions: willmma

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
If Andersen is the second best goalie on the ice again when the Jets aren’t playing Hellebuyck again, there’s a major issue.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If Andersen is the second best goalie on the ice again when the Jets aren’t playing Hellebuyck again, there’s a major issue.
4-1, 1 SO and a 0.923 SV is the backup stats
Btw didn't the leafs win the last game so wasn't Andersen the best goalie on the ice that game?

Last edited:
Reactions: libertarian

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
4-1, 1 SO and a 0.923 SV is the backup stats
Btw didn't the leads win the last game so wasn't Andersen the best goalie on the ice that game?
Andersen had an .889 SV% the last game. They won despite of him.

Wins don’t mean shit when you’re constantly putting up sub .900 SV% games. See: Raycroft, Andrew.

Reactions: stickty111

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Andersen had an .889 SV% the last game. They won despite of him.

Wins don’t mean shit when you’re constantly putting up sub .900 SV% games. See: Raycroft, Andrew.
I would agree they won in spite of him if he let in a bunch of bad goals, which he didn't. He did his part and made some good saves last game too. Single game sv% isn't a good determinant for performance

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I would agree they won in spite of him if he let in a bunch of bad goals, which he didn't. He did his part and made some good saves last game too. Single game sv% isn't a good determinant for performance
Yes but the whole season is and his SV% is .902.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He's 4-1, 1 SO and a 0.923 SV. So he's been solid for us.

Yeah leafs can't expect it to be easy because brossoit ain't bad.... at the same time tho he's been used as a "true" backup this year against the easy opponents for the most part.

Vs. EDM/MTL: 2gms (1gs), .851sv%
Vs. CGY/VAN/OTT: 4gms (4gs), .948sv%

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You're wrong! Hellebuck outplayed Andersen and lost :sarcasm:
Funny how it can work that way for any goalie except ours
Helle lost because the Leafs outplayed the Jets and got rewarded for it. It wasn't because of Andersen. Anyways hopefully Freddy actually does his job today.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Helle lost because the Leafs outplayed the Jets and got rewarded for it. It wasn't because of Andersen. Anyways hopefully Freddy actually does his job today.
It’s the usual Andersen apologists that don’t want to acknowledge his current decline that’s in its second season, anyways.

They’re fighting so furiously over a guy with a .902 SV% on the season and a .906 SV% over the last two and I don’t understand why.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
No he wasn't. Don't tell me you actually believe that.
No I don't but I don't believe we won in spite of him as the post I replied to said. Fred did his job that game nothing more and certainly nothing less as the current popular narrative is spewing
Yes but the whole season is and his SV% is .902.
And I'm hoping by the end of the season he will be back to his normal sv%
Agreed and never once in any of my posts did I say we won because of Andersen, but he did his job last game and only bias would say otherwise.
I've said it before so I will say it again, a goalie can only keep you in a game,they can never win it for you

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Helle was key in giving them a point, but save % is being used to drag Andersen after last game, when Helle got the same. You have to go through the goals and see what is going on.
Exactly my good Niko!
Funny how I'm being challenged on just stating something simple and factual by some and being branded as having some sort of agenda.
Posts citing things I've never said.
Weird

Reactions: NikoEhlers

horner

May 22, 2007
Leafs need to throw Helle off his game early like the Habs did last week (7-1 Habs).

Habs were lucky they didn't face 'Helle the Vezina' but more like Freddy 5-hole that night. They got a couple freebies and Jets let the game get away from them and couldn't recover from there:

1st goal - Puck bounce off zamboni door towards wide open net
2nd - Beauty snipe, top corner
3rd - Cross pass and shot through 5-hole
4th - Missed assignment, beauty pass, tip-in above glove side
-- Helle pulled --

I would rather Hyman Mathews and Marner in the first period than in the third period.
Let Joe filter into that line in the second period .
Helle won't be warned up yet..

Better yet just keep Hyman in the first line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad