Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This gon be a tough cookie again because we play the most tanned guy coaching against and he got that twerk too mayne! They is tough players who hit that thang hard. We can't compete with that. But we speedier like gonzalez arriba arriba antaylee antaylee so we can speedo that thang up. Skillwise we better. We got the good goalie too, they is aaight also. We might win this ice hockey game.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Has Toronto had a lot more Friday games this year than usual? i count three so far i think. B2B's on friday/saturday make so much more sense when the leafs are playing than say a tuesday wednesday.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Would start Sparkz against Columbus seeing how he played our last game and you can consider him "hotter" then freddy since he hasn't played in a week. Then get Freddy back on track again, but as history has shown us that Babcock will start Freddy on the first game of the b2b

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Columbus is on a roll and quietly having a strong season. This is a tough game right after the break. Hopefully the Leafs show up with a good effort.

Not an easy one for sure.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Such a terrible schedule this year. 4 days off, then b2b, and then 4 days off into a 2pm Thursday game.

Yea, that certainly is a weird schedule. Maybe Freddie starts these two games....he's gotta be rested, and then he's ready the following Thursday. Not that I mind Sparks playing, but there is no reason not to play Freddie.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I expect a win, Columbus played tonight, they went overtime, AND yhey have to travel.

Toronto is fresh and should already be in Columbus

I expect a win

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I can't be the only one who thinks that it's inexcusable that before we play the Habs or Edmonton once, we play Columbus three times.

At least let us play the Habs or Oilers early enough in the season that they still have hope.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I can't be the only one who thinks that it's inexcusable that before we play the Habs or Edmonton once, we play Columbus three times.

At least let us play the Habs or Oilers early enough in the season that they still have hope.

... They played the Habs on the very first game of the season

And Edmonton plays in the western Conference while Columbus is in the east...

NHL scheduling is a bit wonky all around, but I don't see a major issue here...

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
... They played the Habs on the very first game of the season

And Edmonton plays in the western Conference while Columbus is in the east...

NHL scheduling is a bit wonky all around, but I don't see a major issue here...

Ah right, long time ago with the Habs and living overseas, forgot.

But still, and not to take a dump on cbus, but why not have one of the two games vs Edmonton already? We've played San Jose, Winnipeg and LA twice already, Edmonton and Vancouver zero times.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Has Toronto had a lot more Friday games this year than usual? i count three so far i think. B2B's on friday/saturday make so much more sense when the leafs are playing than say a tuesday wednesday.
Also feels like every Friday game is against Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad