Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Hawks- last game before the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah must be pretty freaking nice.

I'm guessing Muzzin must be back not long after this break then.
I only caught the 1st period Thursday but I thought they mentioned something about Muzzin not getting the break to get away like the others as he'll have to stay in Toronto to re-hab.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I see that we're in agreement that we need to score at least 3 to win this. There is no chance that Kane doesn't get to 1000 points tonight.. Let's hope he stops at 1000 though.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I just had a look at the standings, Vancouver have more wins than the Leafs do.

They better win this one before the long break, but like everyone said Patty Kane IS going to get his milestone tonight.

True, but its just as simple as they're a better team now. They have a lot of good young players.

Nothing to be worried about. Leafs still have more regulation wins.

The league has so much parity now too. The next 30 games or so... this is where you see who's who.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I only caught the 1st period Thursday but I thought they mentioned something about Muzzin not getting the break to get away like the others as he'll have to stay in Toronto to re-hab.

Yeah I thought I read that somewhere too so who knows.

Maybe Muzzin was like... great plan... but I'm going to go golf and drink some beer. Can't blame the guy.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah I thought I read that somewhere too so who knows.

Maybe Muzzin was like... great plan... but I'm going to go golf and drink some beer. Can't blame the guy.
Well if he can't make it I'll step up to fill out the foursome.
Be nice to take some money off of Nylander.

Reactions: Burnie97

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
With regards to your #1 concern, the Hawks are on a 3-game winning streak in which they beat the Habs, Sens and Ducks. Before that they lost to the Preds and Flames, before that they beat the Wings, before that they lost to the Canucks.

You can see my point, they are only beating the basement dwellers. The Canucks and Preds are mediocre and they still lose to them.

Talent and skill wise, the Hawks cannot hold a candle to us, they are AHL caliber comparable to us.

that loss to Rittich (I mean the Flames) is a vivid example of the one wildcard though ( is everyone as tired as me of the same storyline? Visiting goalie plays incredible game, thrives playing in the NHL media capital, has multitude of family and friends on the stands! It’s HNIC after all). In this case that means Robin Lehner is tonights wildcard!

Sandin is the prototype! Dubas please, please get us one defenceman, quick. We cannot survive much more Ceci-Marincin. How about a Sami Vatanen? Smooth skating older version of the Sandin model/ it’s about the transition game, feeding our voracious waves of offensive skill, quickly, seamlessly (we don’t need the slower, plodding Brenden Dillon-but Id be the first to enjoy him destroying Marchand). New Jersey is in sell mode, we have the offensive depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad