Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Hawks- last game before the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I'm worried about this game for multiple reasons:
1. The Hawks are hot
2. They will be fired up to get Kane's 1000
3. The Leafs' heads might be in the sand/booze and not in the game. Kinda of like a Friday post-lunch thing. By then I'm already on weekend mode and am absolutely useless/inefficient
4. Even though the Leafs just got smashed in Florida, I've preferred their game on the road since Keefe's taken over. I don't know what it is.

With regards to your #1 concern, the Hawks are on a 3-game winning streak in which they beat the Habs, Sens and Ducks. Before that they lost to the Preds and Flames, before that they beat the Wings, before that they lost to the Canucks.

You can see my point, they are only beating the basement dwellers. The Canucks and Preds are mediocre and they still lose to them.

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
1. The Hawks are hot
3. The Leafs' heads might be in the sand/booze and not in the game. Kinda of like a Friday post-lunch thing. By then I'm already on weekend mode and am absolutely useless/inefficient
4. Even though the Leafs just got smashed in Florida, I've preferred their game on the road since Keefe's taken over. I don't know what it is.
1: After CGY they should be hungry to score as many goals as possible can CHI stop them?
2: Kane can still get his points and lose the game
3: I doubt it
4: They actually like their new coach and bought into his system. completely different team under Keefe. still needs little work but very impressed with the sudden change in their overall game compared to how they played under Babcock.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Play Lilly man. Seems like the perfect time. I would be extremely surprised if Ceci was scratched though.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Kane is getting that 1000 point, everyone should come to terms with it.

We just have to pop off harder.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Kane is getting that 1000 point, everyone should come to terms with it.

We just have to pop off harder.

No problem if he does get to 1000. Hopefully not tonight, but the Leafs winning is all that matters.

I expect a high scoring game anyway... pretty good bet these days.

Matty and Marner are going to have a game tonight... feeling some good vibes.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Play Lilly man. Seems like the perfect time. I would be extremely surprised if Ceci was scratched though.

Ceci has been absolutely solid as Bottom pairing Dman. Highly doubt he sits.

The player who should be sitting is Marincin, but I think the coaching staff really like the Lefty/Righty combo.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
1. The Hawks are hot
Id rather play these mediocre teams off wins than trying to break slumps.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
My brother worked in the maintenance dept at a hospital once when a dude was brought in with his entire junk (twigs, berries) were stuck in a steel ball bearing housing. His job was to bring the doctor an angle grinder with a cut off disk.
tenor.gif

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
My brother worked in the maintenance dept at a hospital once when a dude was brought in with his entire junk (twigs, berries) were stuck in a steel ball bearing housing. His job was to bring the doctor an angle grinder with a cut off disk.
Yikes.
I was referring to my sunny world. Only bright side to winter is hockey.
No hockey makes for a dreary winter week.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I just had a look at the standings, Vancouver have more wins than the Leafs do.

They better win this one before the long break, but like everyone said Patty Kane IS going to get his milestone tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->