GDT: Leafs vs. Habs (7:30 ET on RDS, TSN 2 & 4) Lines on Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 300185

Doesn't mean he doesn't fit on the 3rd line...

Zach Hyman isn't necessarily a top 6 player, but he often plays on the Leafs top line.

It's about fit...and even Drouin has been quoted as saying that having a right hand shot on his line helps things stay balanced.

I hope Armia sticks on that line because he has a lot of the attributes required to play that role.
You are correct all of last year. This year he is on the 2nd line.
1-Marleau-Matthews-Ennis
2-Hyman-Tavares-Marner
3-Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
4-Dealers choice.

And yes, a righty on Drouin line should help.

Reactions: 417

member 300185

Brought to you by the same guy who claims he's also a fan of the Habs.
puke.gif
I am a habs fan, but like I also clearly stated, I am a Leafs fan first. I cheer for the Habs when they play everyone else.

And whats your point of my post? It isn't wrong. Its off of NHL.com.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am a habs fan, but like I also clearly stated, I am a Leafs fan first. I cheer for the Habs when they play everyone else.

And whats your point of my post? It isn't wrong. Its off of NHL.com.

It's disingenuous. I'm a Habs fan but also a fan of 30 other teams. I cheer for the 30 other teams whenever the Habs are not playing. :sarcasm:

member 300185

It's disingenuous. I'm a Habs fan but also a fan of 30 other teams. I cheer for the 30 other teams whenever the Habs are not playing. :sarcasm:
No its not bud. Like last year, I will be in here win or lose. And, I was a habs fan before I became a leaf fan. I loved Ken Dryden and the road runner. But my Uncle took me to a game when I was 7 years old. 1970 and I was hooked on the Leafs ever since.

member 300185

Kessel and Letang equal Marner and Reilly. But I get your point. Marner is a really good young player that skates very well!
True, but I was reffering to the Leafs game with the Habs tomorrow. And I think we may in fact be deeper when Nylander comes back than the Pens. They showed their age last year and the Caps exposed them.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I know preseason wins don't matter but I really, really want us to win this one. Those arrogant bastard Leafs fans.

But jesus damn that Leafs roster looks scary.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Gotta wonder when they give Kotkaniemi a game off. Feels like he's played almost all the preseason games other than the Florida one.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It will sting once they establish themselves early on as a top 5 team huh? You can expect some serious production from these guys. Their D while not the best is light years better than what the Habs are icing.
Marleau has played a lot of play off games.
But come spring hockey the Loafs dont have players with winning experience . The great Ron Hainsey aside. That will hurt when they come against teams that do.

Babcock himself has won one round since Nick Lidstrom retired 8 years ago.

I really hope they go out early again.

Having the Habs stinking the league out will be made that much worse if the leafs are still playing into June.

"The horror"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->