GDT: Leafs vs Flames (Pumpers vs Tumblers) Wed Dec 6, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
we deserved the win, but at least we got 1. far easier pill to swallow than last game. we didnt beat ourselves, we got beat by a god mode goalie and thats gonna happen sometimes. also the head shake after the SO goal by tkachuk, lol, so much swagger. also didnt want to jinx it and post during the game, but best game by brodie and hamonic in a while

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Pretty solid game by the Flames, but the leafs defended the slot really well. The Flames didn't have as many A+ chances as a team that dominated like they did should have imo

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Can't be mad with that effort, if we continue to play like that more often than not we'll be good.
Man Janko and Bennett have been so good the past 2-3 weeks.
I wonder if they give Rittich the start tomorrow.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I have no clue how the Leafs have 37 points this year because that is two games we have played them and they have looked like dogshit in both.

They don't look much better in other games I watch them in either.

They are going to be a real easy out for some team come the play-offs.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Leafs dominated the Canucks and deserved to blow them out on Saturday, Canucks had no business winning that game let alone win it in regulation. Leafs had no business winning today. Calgary will get their turn, no worries.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Monahan/Gaudreau seem a tad snakebitten. Wouldn't mind splitting them up for a game to see if it can spark some offense.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Would've liked to see Janko go for Backlund there. Janks looked real good tonight. Pretty tough pill to swallow not getting 2 points but sometimes the other team's goalie stands on his head.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Monahan/Gaudreau seem a tad snakebitten. Wouldn't mind splitting them up for a game to see if it can spark some offense.

Gaudreau-Janko-Jagr/Ferland

Pls

Aside from the top line, can't think of anyone that had a bad game.

Even the top line wasn't bad per se, but they looked so incredibly average.

I thought Hamonic was low-key awful but he was just playing like he usually does. Stone was fighting the puck a lot as well

4th line had a real strong game

Reactions: Pomee

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pretty solid game by the Flames, but the leafs defended the slot really well. The Flames didn't have as many A+ chances as a team that dominated like they did should have imo

They didn't defend the slot well. There were several loose pucks around the crease with the Leafs unable to get to them first. Several times, Flames had the inside position to put them in. What the Leafs did a good job of was holding on with their sticks or their hands and not letting go.

I wonder if Gulutzan gave it to the refs a bit after they blew that call in the first on the stick-lift. Could explain why they decided to stop calling restraining fouls altogether. Perhaps it was out of spite.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think it might be time to shake up the second line a bit and turn it into a third line of sorts, or at least a 2B line. Move Tkachuk with Janko and Bennett and slide Jagr with Backs and Frolik

Marner

Hi I'm Mitch
Jan 30, 2010
Ottawa
They played a damn good game. They need to keep it going though. Don't go into Montreal and revert back to their old form.

Time to start giving Jankowski more icetime. He has looked unreal the last few games.
I thought he looked really good tonight

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I was thinking that myself.

Gaudreau - Jankowski - Ferland
Tkachuk/Bennett - Monahan - Jagr
Bennett/Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik

My dream top 9 right now is

Tkachuk-Monahan-Ferland (hard minutes, all situations)
Gaudreau-Janko-Jagr (soft minutes, take advantage of matchups)
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik (matchups, shutdown)

Hopefully some of Tkachuks intangibles would rub off on Monahan, and honestly the way they've been playing, I don't think Janko would be a huge downgrade on Monahan at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad