Series Talk: Leafs vs CBJ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
What was Campbell doing on the Engvall zone entry goal? Looked like it turned into a 2-1. He looked like he played it so bad that he wasnt in position to make a save on a shot nor a pass.

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
Can we stop psycho analyzing scrimmage games. It's not like this inherent to our play since we really are run and gun kind of team. So even if one person gives up a spot we can easily be countered by a competent team. We could have been bailed by Andersen more often, being as putrid he has been this season.

GOALTENDING is the key, and I truly believe Campbell is a good starter for most teams so we should go to him as a soon as Andersen falters. I'm talking exhibition game here, if we mean business we must be serious.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Columbus is going to get their A$$es handed to them and it won’t be close. They are still talkin lump about how they beat tbay last year and how injured they were this year and how underrated they are. They challenge that their #3 defense will beat our #3 offense just like they did to tampa.

They are very confident it seems. See how long that lasts when it starts. I suspect they won’t be so cocky in a hurry. ;)
TRAIKOS: Blue Jackets centre not worried about shutting down Maple Leafs stars

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Columbus is going to get their A$$es handed to them and it won’t be close. They are still talkin lump about how they beat tbay last year and how injured they were this year and how underrated they are. They challenge that their #3 defense will beat our #3 offense just like they did to tampa.

They are very confident it seems. See how long that lasts when it starts. I suspect they won’t be so cocky in a hurry. ;)

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. (Mike Tyson).

Yesterday I put some money down on the Leafs to go all the way. Andersen is the big question mark but if he finds his game, we are going to be one tough out and if we play the way I think we can, we might not be underdogs to any team.

GLG!!

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Can we stop psycho analyzing scrimmage games. It's not like this inherent to our play since we really are run and gun kind of team. So even if one person gives up a spot we can easily be countered by a competent team. We could have been bailed by Andersen more often, being as putrid he has been this season.

GOALTENDING is the key, and I truly believe Campbell is a good starter for most teams so we should go to him as a soon as Andersen falters. I'm talking exhibition game here, if we mean business we must be serious.

No we cannot. We've been trapped in our houses with our wives and husbands and kids for 3 months and we want to talk hockey dammit!

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

They were a run and gun team under Babcock. I don't think that's an accurate description of how they play now, which is much more focused on keeping the puck and shorter passing as opposed to constant long bomb passes to try to generate offence.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They were a run and gun team under Babcock. I don't think that's an accurate description of how they play now, which is much more focused on keeping the puck and shorter passing as opposed to constant long bomb passes to try to generate offence.

I'm not even sure that's an accurate description of how we played under Babcock. This dates back to the Kessel days IMO.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

You're being cocky right now with this post. No need to give their fans ammo.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

When Jackets players are called out, "they are really committed and Torts is getting them ready"

When Leafs players are called out, "they are lazy and have no character".

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Willy is gonna light it up against Jackets... and freddy will make required saves ... it is only a short time before Willy gets his own line and really dominates league ... you could finally see it this season ... our defense will hold up

Reactions: kb and willmma

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

When Jackets players are called out, "they are really committed and Torts is getting them ready"

When Leafs players are called out, "they are lazy and have no character".

Torts is such an innovator though. He invented this whole "prepare to play your opponent" thing that apparently the rest of the league still hasn't caught on to yet.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You're being cocky right now with this post. No need to give their fans ammo.
I don’t know if they have any. I never met one. Oh i hope I didn’t hurt their feeling
I will bet you don’t see a single one of them at their games

Last edited:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Isn't Torts due for his players have tuned him out so that's why they didn't win the Cup firing yet?

Reactions: NiftyMits

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

From Article:

“They have a good team,” Dubois said of the Leafs. “I’m not 100% sure about the stats, but I think they’re top-3 in goals-scored and we’re top-3 in goals-against, so it’s going to be a good matchup. Interesting for the fans. Interesting for us. A good challenge.”

Sure, the Blue Jackets had the third-worst offence in the league this year. But despite losing more man-games than any other team, they also allowed the sixth-fewest shots. Only Dallas and Boston allowed fewer goals. Scoring goals is going to be a challenge for a Leafs team that likes to play run-and-gun hockey.

Maybe that is why Toronto has been mixing and matching forward lines and fooling around with the idea of a so-called “all-star” trio comprised of Matthews, Tavares and Mitch Marner. Whatever the combination happens to be, the series will answer an age-old question: does offence or defence win Cups?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Leafs should have more than enough offense to defeat Columbus in a short series, but this offense vs defense will be tested as they advance in the playoffs and come up against strong defensive teams with also a good offense like Boston or TB.

Reactions: Havoc

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

Wtf kind of bullshit article is that? Dubois doesnt say anything close to that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So Columbus will win because they play zone defense and have 5 defensemen that are tall? That one fewer defensemen that is "6'2 or bigger" is going to be the difference maker for sure!
Not sure what your point is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad