LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Mikheyev was voted MVP of the scrimmages
I wonder if this was his reward? :sarcasm:

EGiEGpdXkAg6eQR.jpg

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Guys, it's practice. Stop writing off Freddy based on goals he lets in during practice. It's kinda weird. The players are using camp to get back into shape, not to play at their peak level.
Yea people are kind of crazy here. That said, it would really help if he avoids letting the first shot of the game in like he did in 13% of his starts this year.

We need 2016-2019 Freddy back.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Mikheyev makes such a huge difference to this team. His combination of size, skill and smarts can be extremely valuable. Apparently his shot has shown improvement as well. He will be such a welcome addition on the top 6. He was fantastic before the injury with a small dip, but was really good overall.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Guys, it's practice. Stop writing off Freddy based on goals he lets in during practice. It's kinda weird. The players are using camp to get back into shape, not to play at their peak level.

It's more that people are writing him off after the season he had + his last 2 playoffs.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
It's more that people are writing him off after the season he had + his last 2 playoffs.
Mmmmm no I'm constantly seeing "LOL look at these goals he's letting in" "Oh boy Fred looks terrible in these scrimmages" Campbell should be starting" posts lol

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I'm glad Mikheyev is healthy, but his salary requirements will definitely send a player in the Johnsson, Kerfoot, Kapanen tier packing. Perhaps Engvall too.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Okay there Torts. Appeal to the underdog character, foster an us vs them, we'll show you attitude. I'm sure your boys will be 110% and look valiant in what I hope is a 3-0 sweep for Toronto. Yawn.

Blue Jackets 'not ready right now' for Cup Qualifiers, coach says
If anything I wish the Leafs would remember these comments from Nick Foligno to use as extra motivation to defeat them.

Blue Jackets’ Foligno: Maple Leafs don’t defend well below hash marks - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yea people are kind of crazy here. That said, it would really help if he avoids letting the first shot of the game in like he did in 13% of his starts this year.

We need 2016-2019 Freddy back.

Yea I'm fine with Freddy I guess but I would hope:
- like you said, don't let the first shot in
- don't let in 3 goals in the last 2 min or first 2 min of a period
- keep total goals against below 5

Reactions: LeafsNation75

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
To think that a year ago people were questioning if Mikheyev would even be an NHLer or Marlies depth is insane. I admittedly did not expect him to be this good.

He could legitimately be a 4-6 mill top sixer with a two-way game down the line. His chemistry with Tavares developed out of nowhere it seems.

People can go back and see that I said when we got Mikheyev that I normally don't say this but you could TELL from his highlight package that he was going to be a player. His engine is crazy.

Best part is, I think we got the same thing in Barabanov.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yea I'm fine with Freddy I guess but I would hope:
- like you said, don't let the first shot in
- don't let in 3 goals in the last 2 min or first 2 min of a period
- keep total goals against below 5
During the Leafs season opener this past season against Ottawa, Andersen allowed the first shot against him 25 seconds into the 1st period. So if he can save the first shot against it will already be an improvement.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Would you put in Campbell at that point?

No .. That early in the game, the Leafs have more than enough offensive firepower to come back (as we've seen) .. If there's a 3rd goal that occurs before the first period is over, definitely. Even if it's a third goal before the mid-way point of the second I'd pull him.

But I think you need to give him a chance to find his game in game 1.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I wish someone made a video of all the goals Andersen let in this year so we can actually look at bad defensive play vs bad goaltending.

I hope he bounces back because I am a fan, but if he was his normal self or better we'd be ahead of a team like Tampa in the standings.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I wish someone made a video of all the goals Andersen let in this year so we can actually look at bad defensive play vs bad goaltending.

I hope he bounces back because I am a fan, but if he was his normal self or better we'd be ahead of a team like Tampa in the standings.
In the 2017-18 season Andersen finished 4th in voting for the Vezina and that was the same season Toronto set a franchise record with 49 wins and 105 points. However they didn't catch Boston in the standings because that same season they had a record number of games in a row where they got points.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
what is ceci doing versus marner on teams blue 4th goal lol.

Guys like him who were out for a while should be actually trying. See Mikheyev for example. Dude is flying making sure he's ready for game 1.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Mikheyev was schmoving out there.

He had a solid season and nearly 70% of his points this year iirc were without a big name. He really can lead his own line. But playing him up could be interesting as well.
Either way the kid is a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->