Series Talk: Leafs vs CBJ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Sure, if they notice it. It's a confusing and unique situation so I can't really fault the NHL for contradicting themselves on their home page.

It's a tournament - I think that's something we can all agree on. or maybe not, who knows. :)
I'm sure they've noticed, because this discussion is happening all over.

For us, as Fans, I expect were waiting to see this team learn to win in elimination games and push themselves to another level. This series, call or what you want, gives them that opportunity, so I don't really care what it's called.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
You keep repeating yourself while refusing to answer several questions, not a good look. The first round starts next week and your response to that was that this is round zero. I refuse to waste any more time on someone who makes stuff up so either respond to this or don't bother responding:

Still waiting for your source on this being "round zero" of the playoffs. Either back up your statement or admit you made it up.
Honestly just best to ignore that user, he can't stand the thought of anyone not sharing his exact worldview. Tired of seeing threads hijacked with him bickering and refuting every single sentence that anyone who has a different opinion posts.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I have answered the question with abundant and clear evidence. I keep repeating myself because you don't seem to understand, and you are mischaracterizing what has been presented to you. The only one refusing to back up their claim here is you.

I don't have any interest in engaging in your side argument deflection. It's not hard to figure out that 0 comes before 1, and it's quite irrelevant what name you give it. What's important is that this is the playoffs. The NHL has made that very clear. End of discussion.

No you haven't. Hard to believe you missed it since it's been repeated many times but just in case, here it is again:

Still waiting for your source on this being "round zero" of the playoffs. Either back up your statement or admit you made it up.

The only place I've seen the phrase "round zero" is your posts so deflect all you want, it looks like you made it up. :)

I'm sure they've noticed, because this discussion is happening all over.

I wasn't aware of this but that's interesting, thanks! Add in the fact that the NHL is showing contradictory things on their home page and I think the only thing clear here is that we have an ambiguous situation.

For us, as Fans, I expect were waiting to see this team learn to win in elimination games and push themselves to another level. This series, call or what you want, gives them that opportunity, so I don't really care what it's called.

We all want to see the the team reach another level. I guess it's up to everyone to decide for themselves what that means and for me, that means at the very least making it to the quarterfinals. If we lose to CLB, bragging that "we made the playoffs" would be embarrassing to put it mildly, you won't catch me doing that and to me that would be a step backwards. Make it to the final 16 and lose, meh that will mean staying where we've been for a while now, losing as underdogs in the first round.

Beat CLB tonight and then we have a chance to show we've made progress by winning a 7 game series taking us to the final 8 for the first time in longer than I care to think about.

GLG!!

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No you haven't.
Yes, I have answered the question being discussed here with abundant and clear evidence. This is the playoffs.
Honestly just best to ignore that user, he can't stand the thought of anyone not sharing his exact worldview. Tired of seeing threads hijacked with him bickering and refuting every single sentence that anyone who has a different opinion posts.
It's not my worldview. It's literally the NHL's official and explicit statement on this matter; the only thing that matters. I did not hijack this thread. The individual you replied to came in throwing around claims that aren't true, and when proven wrong, has gone off into irrelevant tangents.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
No you haven't. Hard to believe you missed it since it's been repeated many times but just in case, here it is again:

The only place I've seen the phrase "round zero" is your posts so deflect all you want, it looks like you made it up. :)

I wasn't aware of this but that's interesting, thanks! Add in the fact that the NHL is showing contradictory things on their home page and I think the only thing clear here is that we have an ambiguous situation.

We all want to see the the team reach another level. I guess it's up to everyone to decide for themselves what that means and for me, that means at the very least making it to the quarterfinals. If we lose to CLB, bragging that "we made the playoffs" would be embarrassing to put it mildly, you won't catch me doing that and to me that would be a step backwards. Make it to the final 16 and lose, meh that will mean staying where we've been for a while now, losing as underdogs in the first round.

Beat CLB tonight and then we have a chance to show we've made progress by winning a 7 game series taking us to the final 8 for the first time in longer than I care to think about.

GLG!!

Very well put, its exactly how I feel too....

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Yes, I have answered the question being discussed here with abundant and clear evidence. This is the playoffs.

It's not my worldview. It's literally the NHL's official and explicit statement on this matter; the only thing that matters. I did not hijack this thread. The individual you replied to came in throwing around claims that aren't true, and when proven wrong, has gone off into irrelevant tangents.
Who cares man, let people believe what they want, it can be true or untrue, grab a cup of coffee and take a deep breath, enjoy life.
Other people can disagree, other people can be wrong about stuff, accept it, just focus on yourself man and you'll find life is alright.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yes he reminds me if a poster who called himself Interactif who also refused to accept that he was ever anything less than 100% correct about everything even when sometimes his claims were completely refuted. Looking back I have to say that arguing with him was a complete waste of time so I have no doubt your advice is good. Still, I hate putting people on ignore for some reason, I think I have only 2 people on mine. Maybe I'll learn some day ...

The only place I've seen the phrase "round zero" is your posts so shift the goalposts all you link, it looks like you made it up and I'm not letting you off the hook.

In the entire history of the NHL, the playoffs have never started with "round zero" but please do find a source that says this year is different. Take all the time you need, I'll wait. :)

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No you haven't.
Yes I have. Your irrelevant side argument (which I have also answered) is not the discussion being had, no matter how much you repeat or bold things or deflect. You were shown to be wrong. This is the playoffs. It's time to accept it and move on.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes I have. Your irrelevant side argument deflection (which I have also answered) is not the discussion being had, no matter how much you repeat or bold things. You were shown to be wrong. This is the playoffs. It's time to accept it and move on.

No you haven't. I can copy/paste all day buddy, provide a source or stop making yourself look foolish.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Yes he reminds me if a poster who called himself Interactif who also refused to accept that he was ever anything less than 100% correct about everything even when sometimes his claims were completely refuted. Looking back I have to say that arguing with him was a complete waste of time so I have no doubt your advice is good. Still, I hate putting people on ignore for some reason, I think I have only 2 people on mine. Maybe I'll learn some day ...

The only place I've seen the phrase "round zero" is your posts so shift the goalposts all you link, it looks like you made it up and I'm not letting you off the hook.

In the entire history of the NHL, the playoffs have never started with "round zero" but please do find a source that says this year is different. Take all the time you need, I'll wait. :)

Isnt Interactif also TWS or the winter soldier?

I'd really like to know what that guys story is and why he's so against anything Leafs related.

Reactions: rubous and kb

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No you haven't.
Yes, I have. It's not a hard concept that 0 comes before 1, and considering that all of this is the playoffs, and the NHL didn't want to change the other round numbers, in order to keep historical consistency, that is the logical thing to call it. It has been referenced as that on hockey sites and at times during games. I literally said it's mostly differentiated as "cup qualifier" or "round robin" in that same post.

This all stems from you incorrectly claiming that references to "1st round" means that nothing in the playoffs can come before that, with no evidence. That has been proven false. Some places have chosen to call it round 0. Some places have chosen to call it "Cup qualifiers". It's irrelevant, and had nothing to do with the discussion being had. The only thing that matters is that this is all the playoffs. Now please stop spamming the thread.

Last edited:

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Yes, I have. It's not a hard concept that 0 comes before 1, and considering that all of this is the playoffs, and the NHL didn't want to change the other round numbers, in order to keep historical consistency, that is the logical thing to call it. It has been referenced as that on hockey sites and at times during games. I literally said it's mostly differentiated as "cup qualifier" or "round robin" in that same post.

This all stems from you incorrectly claiming that references to "1st round" means that nothing in the playoffs can come before that, with no evidence. That has been proven false. Some places have chosen to call it round 0. Some places have chosen to call it "Cup qualifiers". It's irrelevant, and had nothing to do with the discussion being had. The only thing that matters is that this is all the playoffs. Now please stop spamming the thread.
take your own advice, and move on.....

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Disagree. There will never be a comparable for him. He was in a class of his own.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Hey guys, quick question.

Does this series count as a playoff series?

I’ll hang up and listen, thanks.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Every playoffs in the history of pro sports have started with the first round. Consult the dictionary to see the meaning of "first", geez Louise.

That's what I've been trying to do for like 4 pages now.

It's easy, just stop responding to the posts that are asking a question you can't answer.

Disagree. There will never be a comparable for him. He was in a class of his own.

All I said was that this Dekes fellow reminds me of him but you're right, that guy was in a tier all by himself.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Every playoffs in the history of pro sports have started with the first round.
Source? Playoff formats change all the time, and all sorts of different terminology has been used throughout history. Clearly you are wrong, since we are currently in the playoffs, and it's not being referred to as the "first round".
It's easy, just stop responding to the posts that are asking a question you can't answer.
I answered the question, now multiple times. Reread the post you're quoting. When you are making false claims about me, the things I say, and the discussions being had, in order to deflect away from the fact that you were wrong in an argument you started, I will respond with the truth.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Isnt Interactif also TWS or the winter soldier?

I'd really like to know what that guys story is and why he's so against anything Leafs related.

Yes and he was also the mentalist IIRC. He is indeed a curiosity. Reminds me of something my mother used to say, it doesn't sound as good in English but it's something like "The Lord's zoo is an enormous one".

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Source? Playoff formats change all the time, and all sorts of different terminology has been used throughout history.

I answered the question, now multiple times. Reread the post you're quoting. When you are making false claims about me, the things I say, and the discussions being had, in order to deflect away from the fact that you were wrong, I will respond with the truth.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Yes and he was also the mentalist IIRC. He is indeed a curiosity. Reminds me of something my mother used to say, it doesn't sound as good in English but it's something like "The Lord's zoo is an enormous one".

If I didnt know better, it honestly looks like someone that was once close to the team (maybe like a scout or someone in management) that was let go and now holds a insane grudge against the organization.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If I didnt know better, it honestly looks like someone that was once close to the team (maybe like a scout or someone in management) that was let go and now holds a insane grudge against the organization.
Nah, he was a fan until he got booted then it was off the deep end. Im betting he's just a poor,lonely man eating frozen dinner in mom's basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad