Series Talk: Leafs vs CBJ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
To think that a year ago people were questioning if Mikheyev would even be an NHLer or Marlies depth is insane. I admittedly did not expect him to be this good.

He could legitimately be a 4-6 mill top sixer with a two-way game down the line. His chemistry with Tavares developed out of nowhere it seems.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Robertson is on the 4th line now with Spezza and Clifford, Engvall back on the 3rd line. Also Holl is back

Hopefully this is a sign that Gauthier will be out for Engvall.
I love Gauthier's personality and think there is a spot for him on an NHL lineup, but it's not here.
Engvall and Robertson optimize the lineup.

Last edited:

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017

I said it before and I'll say it again Mikheyev is gonna be the reason we win the series against the Blue Jackets. His size and speed is gonna give Columbus some serious problems. Dudes a beast and is gonna be the Leafs X-Factor in the playoffs.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Hopefully this is a sign that Gauthier will be out for Engvall.
I love Gauthier's personality and think there is a spot for him on an NHL lineup, but it's not here.
Engvall and Robertson optimize the lineup.

It depends how they are going to use Robertson. Putting him on a 4th line is not really using him effectively, unless they plan on using him more as a special teams player. Gauthier makes more sense if they are going with Clifford and Spezza as his linemates... Or if they were really married to the idea of having both Engvall and Robertson, put Engvall on the 4th line RW.

This is most likely just Keefe experimenting again. He wants to see how Robertson (on his own and as a proxy for Johnsson) does on a 3rd and 4th line... And Kerfoot/Kapanen need to get used to having both types of players (Engvall and Robertson, who is relatively similar to Johnsson as a player) if Johnsson comes back at any point. Keefe knows what Gauthier can do by now, so as long as he is getting his reps in, he does not care where he is playing. Petan-Gauthier-Korshkov is actually a pretty good all-around line.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This added offense from Mikheyev is just the icing on top.

He's got his roots as a grinder and can be very annoying for opposing team's defensemen to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad