Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Bruins- teams needs to play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Last game, Leafs played "down" to Detroit, and it bit them in the arse as Detroit has been playing some good games lately, and didn't wake up until it was too late. Truth be told, they only played 1 out 3 periods, and almost stole the win.

Hopefully they play up for Boston from the get-go. There is (or should be) a pretty strong hate for Boston at all times, and there shouldn't be any excuse showing up flat, particularly considering how well they did not play against Detroit.

............ and I just always want to beat Boston! My day dream is Marner (or ANYONE on the Leafs) get's a tiger blood transfusion and speed-bags Marchand.

Go Leafs Go.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Last game, Leafs played "down" to Detroit, and it bit them in the arse as Detroit has been playing some good games lately, and didn't wake up until it was too late. Truth be told, they only played 1 out 3 periods, and almost stole the win.

Hopefully they play up for Boston from the get-go. There is (or should be) a pretty strong hate for Boston at all times, and there shouldn't be any excuse showing up flat, particularly considering how well they did not play against Detroit.

............ and I just always want to beat Boston! My day dream is Marner (or ANYONE on the Leafs) get's a tiger blood transfusion and speed-bags Marchand.

Go Leafs Go.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
All yesterday proved is that Andersen should have played because he doesn't let in the 1st, 3rd or 4th goals, no decent goalie does.

The way Freddie has been playing he might have even stopped the 2nd goal but I doubt it.

What I do know is had Freddie played like I said yesterday he should, we'd be talking about a 6 game win streak.

Instead we have Sparks letting in 5 goals or more in 3 of his 6 starts that's 50% that's not good enough and that's NOT on the D

How many times does this need to be said....Andersen can't play all 82 games. It was the perfect game for Sparks to play, it just sucks that the team had a bad game for the first half.

We also have Sparks letting in one goal or less in 50% of his games, and that's good enough.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
That's fine but if Andersen gets hurt, we're in a world of trouble. I'm not confident Sparks could even get this team to a playoff spot.

And if Andersen gets hurt during the playoffs, we're completely f'ed. I don't see Sparks winning us a single playoff game at this point. I know, a starter going down in playoffs is basically a death sentence but I would want a backup that could at least give us a fighting chance.

From what I've seen with Sparks at the NHL level it does not inspire any confidence whatsoever.

What team out there can confidently rely on their backup if their starter gets hurt?

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’d like to see the Leafs treat this like a playoff game, come out flying, assert themselves with speed and physical play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad