Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
well game 1 is saturday 8pm

with how almost every first round game 1 goes for us, either we blow them out or get blown out

i'd like it to be the former

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Don't worry guys keep running it back until JT's contract ends then we'll lay waste to the nhl with the same team anyways

Mar 26, 2010
I have absolutely no optimism left for this team. I think we're f***ed and it's time to tear it down.
They have to rebuild. Matthews likely asks for a trade after the upcoming sweep.

• Haha
Reactions: bax

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It just sucks finishing the season like that. You want some form of confidence and momentum going into the playoffs. No it doesn't mean much winning or losing these last few games, but I fully get the frustration and pessimism. It wasn't just losing by a goal or two, and it wasn't just a bad luck game. They were caved in, and that last game was against a 3rd stringer and short-handed team for the entire game.

We'll see I guess but they haven't earned a single much of anything from the fans.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
well game 1 is saturday 8pm

with how almost every first round goes for us, either we blow them out or get blown out

i'd like it to be the former

What are you even talking about? Almost every first round we’ve played has been extremely close.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It just sucks finishing the season like that. You want some form of confidence and momentum going into the playoffs. No it doesn't mean much winning or losing these last few games, but I fully get the frustration and pessimism. It wasn't just losing by a goal or two, and it wasn't just a bad luck game. They were caved in, and that last game was against a 3rd stringer and short-handed team for the entire game.

We'll see I guess but they haven't earned a single much of anything from the fans.
The last few games were basically pond hockey and trying to get Matthews his milestone.

Hopefully on Saturday, they will reset and get back to playing the way they did for 3 months prior to this week.

Reactions: bax and ACC1224

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Ugly way to finish the season.

Law of averages says that Matthews and especially Nylander are due to score. Better Saturday than today I tell myself.

Reserved Hope.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Keefe had them throw away structure. No idea what to expect from us in Boston. Not a good sign playing pond hockey with crap tending to end the season

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
What are you even talking about? Almost every first round we’ve played has been extremely close.
No I mean like round 1 game 1

2018: 5-1 L
2019: 4-1 W
2020: 3-0 L
2021: nvm this one was 2-1L
2022: 5-0 W
2023: 7-3 L

So most of the time game 1 isn’t really close. I just fumbled the words

Reactions: Sypher04

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
The Bruins are a formidable opponent there is no doubt. And particularly tough in their own building come playoff time. This will be a big test could go either way despite past precedent.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’d rather play Boston than Florida surprisingly, but regardless I don’t think we make it out of the first round… We suck against hot goaltenders and Boston’s goalies are always hot.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I’d rather play Boston than Florida surprisingly, but regardless I don’t think we make it out of the first round… We suck against hot goaltenders and Boston’s goalies are always hot.
Both Boston goalies sucked last year in Round 1.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Boston didn't exactly have a strong finish to the regular season either.

They did have our number in the regular season but as has been proven many times over the years, that doesn't necessarily carry over in a playoff series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad