Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
so how u guys feeling? any of you feel like we actually got a good chance here?
I feel like our goaltending will prob be our downfall. I have next to no faith in our Goalies.
I like Woll but hes young. not alot of experience

Our penalty kill is about to get tested in a big way. If the PK steps up and we actually get some scoring then I think the Leafs have a solid chance to win this. I'm with you on the goalies. I'm convinced Matt Murray is going to start game 5 lol although I realize I'm probably wrong lol

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This is my favourite “team” of recent years. More character, they stick up for each other, some jam, heart and soul. Not sure it’s the best on paper, but I feel like our depth scoring could be a factor. Goaltending is the issue for me and defence breakdowns.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Welp, I'm all set for my heart to be broken. I think I've finally crossed the threshold into masochism.

tix.png

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Ideally the Leafs are able to pot a couple goals early game 1. Shake the Bruins goalie confidence and remind the Leafs they have the firepower to win
Oh, you mean like the couple of Leaf goals scored in the 1st period last night. A 2-0 lead that evaporated quickly in the 2nd period.

Yup, that will scare the Bruins into submission, just like it did the Panthers last night.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
  • Haha
Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This is my favourite “team” of recent years. More character, they stick up for each other, some jam, heart and soul. Not sure it’s the best on paper, but I feel like our depth scoring could be a factor. Goaltending is the issue for me and defence breakdowns.
Add coaching to the concerning issues

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Oh, you mean like the couple of Leaf goals scored in the 1st period last night. A 2-0 lead that evaporated quickly in the 2nd period.

Yup, that will scare the Bruins into submission, just like it did the Panthers last night.

I'd say there's a wee difference between how players are thinking about a 7 game playoff series vs a late regular season game that most guys were half-assing their way through

Reactions: Gallagbi

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ideally the Leafs are able to pot a couple goals early game 1. Shake the Bruins goalie confidence and remind the Leafs they have the firepower to win

That's a good optimistic look but even if the Leafs pot 8 goals in the first period, I'd somehow expect them to give up 6-7 goals in the next 2 periods lol

But yeah, the Leafs need to start on time for sure. It feels like over the years they either do well in game 1 or get completely dominated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad