Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
It's not like this is the Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Mcquaid-era Bruins where they were legitimately terrifying to play against.

It's Marchand and Frederic now lol.

People build this team up based purely on reputation.
Pasta and Swayman are the two that worry me. Leafs can absolutely win this series.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You should be able to stream the game for free on the CBC app. Unless you live south of the border.
And it’s on a national broadcast, as well. Unless you live in their region I don’t think the regional broadcasts are available. I would like to hear his final few minutes but I don’t think I’ll have the option.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
didnt beat them in the Kessel era before it, will an era ever show up?
Probably will go close to 100 years before beating boston if we lose this/any future series in Matthews era

Boston will rebuild in 2-3 years. Leafs probably in 5/6 years.

After that matching up, at the same time can be pretty hard.

Look at Toronto vs Sens. We beat them a lot pre lockout. Post lockout havemt matched up once. Our contention periods were off, and our rebuild periods are off

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Pasta and Swayman are the two that worry me. Leafs can absolutely win this series.

Pastrnak just shoots and scores at will against the Leafs it feels like. Every shot goes in and he's always left alone for his one timer. Another that just seems to score against the Leafs is Zacha for some reason, but maybe I'm not remembering right.

Reactions: bax

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Nor was he taking any crap and was instigating at times.
He's so good too at just neutralizing his man on the wall, either takes the puck, passes it to support or lets support take it. Simple and effective. He was our best D last night.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Pastrnak just shoots and scores at will against the Leafs it feels like. Every shot goes in and he's always left alone for his one timer. Another that just seems to score against the Leafs is Zacha for some reason, but maybe I'm not remembering right.
I went back to look because I couldn’t remember either. You’re right. 3 goals and 2 assists this year.

Reactions: SprDaVE

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Look man, I don't expect anything from these guys anymore really, and I don't see a Cup or even ECF this year, but if this team has any god damn pride at all, they need to win this series convincingly. Can't use the excuse of getting daddy dicked by Bergeron or Krejci anymore, Zacha and Coyle are the 1/2 Cs. Just get it done, no excuses. Jack Edwards is also calling his final playoffs, make him remember this. f*** Boston always.

Your thread bruh, but consider changing the title. Why do we have to start the series with this impending dread? We can beat these f***ers and we're due!!!

Reactions: egd27 and ACC1224

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Your thread bruh, but consider changing the title. Why do we have to start the series with this impending dread? We can beat these f***ers and we're due!!!
Title is a well known meme

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

:laugh: apparently not that well known.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

My bad! I'm a COD man lol.

Reactions: 1specter

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Im seeing balanced lines as a benefit to the leafs.
If matching, put Matthews line up against Marchand, Marners line against Pasta and Reeves against Maroon.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
They need to make sure they don't let cross ice one timers to Pasta go through, and if they do, they better block it.

Its always the same play on the powerplay for Boston, behind the goal line to Marchand for a cross ice one timer to Pasta.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
If the referees start carrying Colin Campbell, I say we all head down to Tillsonburg and start protesting.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
so how u guys feeling? any of you feel like we actually got a good chance here?
I feel like our goaltending will prob be our downfall. I have next to no faith in our Goalies.
I like Woll but hes young. not alot of experience

Strangle

May 4, 2009
From God's angel:

It’s not like Marchand hasn’t injured any Leaf players before from tough hockey plays like slew footing Lilly into the boards

I hope Marner loses it and lays Marchand out with the first punch Marner has ever thrown in his life

I’ll pay for your statue if you do that, mitch

so how u guys feeling? any of you feel like we actually got a good chance here?
I feel like our goaltending will prob be our downfall. I have next to no faith in our Goalies.
I like Woll but hes young. not alot of experience

Yes I think we have a great chance

And yes, goaltending is the only way the bruins can win

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
It’s not like Marchand hasn’t injured any Leaf players before from tough hockey plays like slew footing Lilly into the boards

I hope Marner loses it and lays Marchand out with the first punch Marner has ever thrown in his life

I’ll pay for your statue if you do that, mitch

Yes I think we have a great chance

And yes, goaltending is the only way the bruins can win
best you'll get out of Marner is a bitch slap.

and to be honest, that should be his finishing move.

it would fit him perfectly.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Boston is going to easily win the series, the Leafs simply can’t outscore the questionable goaltending and pathetic defensive ability of the team, and that’s expecting that 34, 16, 88, 91 actually produce some offence which they seem to have the inability of doing in the playoffs……….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad