Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, no reason to be competitive or have some professional pride or anything..

The excuses for these guys I swear..
I am not sure where the excuse is.

It's a matter of fact statement.

They look like they don't care. There was zero opinion on whether that should be tolerated or not.

Bos obviously felt the same way. Now two teams have to ramp it up because they coasted the last week of the season. Who can get there first might decide the series

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
One thing that I think many people may not have noticed is that Boston is not a very good possession team this year (in terms of basic possession stats like corsi at least). This is something I am definitely not used to.

It may have something to do with not having Bergeron anymore. They're also worse than Toronto in both shots for and shots against per game. They have elite goaltending and Toronto has an elite goal scorer. The teams have almost the same goal differential.

I don't think this is some big mismatch or anything. They're two pretty equal teams. Hopefully Matthews has a big series and Toronto can overcome their psychological demons against this opponent.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This information is irrelevant
I don't think it's irrelevant completely, but I do think it isn't all that important. If I recall, that last time we lost to the Bruins in the playoffs, we handled them pretty well in the regular season.

I do think we match up better against the Bruins, than the Panthers though.... despite the record.

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
The good: The leafs have depth, heart and soul now with the addition of Domi, Bertuzzi, Benoit and a few other guys. This was missing big time. Big time. In order to have playoff success this is what a team needs.

The bad: The leafs defence and goaltending is quite bad. You need both to be average or above to go anywhere. The goaltending is super questionable. The defense is atrocious

The really bad: You have to listen to Jack Edwards

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The good: The leafs have depth, heart and soul now with the addition of Domi, Bertuzzi, Benoit and a few other guys. This was missing big time. Big time. In order to have playoff success this is what a team needs.

The bad: The leafs defence and goaltending is quite bad. You need both to be average or above to go anywhere. The goaltending is super questionable. The defense is atrocious

The really bad: You have to listen to Jack Edwards
Why? Just listen to Cuthbert

Reactions: egd27

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
One thing that I think many people may not have noticed is that Boston is not a very good possession team this year (in terms of basic possession stats like corsi at least). This is something I am definitely not used to.

It may have something to do with not having Bergeron anymore. They're also worse than Toronto in both shots for and shots against per game. They have elite goaltending and Toronto has an elite goal scorer. The teams have almost the same goal differential.

I don't think this is some big mismatch or anything. They're two pretty equal teams. Hopefully Matthews has a big series and Toronto can overcome their psychological demons against this opponent.

It's not like this is the Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Mcquaid-era Bruins where they were legitimately terrifying to play against.

It's Marchand and Frederic now lol.

People build this team up based purely on reputation.

Reactions: egd27 and bax

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It's not like this is the Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Mcquaid-era Bruins where they were legitimately terrifying to play against.

It's Marchand and Frederic now lol.

People build this team up based purely on reputation.
For a team that has been goalied in 7 of 8 playoff series, I am afraid of this (last 2 columns):

1713377385658.png

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What bugs me about Marchand is how the NHL lets him get away with the kinds of antics they banned Sean Avery for years ago. But it's okay if you're playing for Boston, apparently...
Intimidation has always been a big part of the game. Aside from the licking incidents ( where he should have eaten through a straw for a month) I don’t dislike his game.

Outside of intimidation, the Bruins don’t have much, and if the Leafs don’t let it bother them they should win the series.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
In the Bolts-Panthers series it's pretty safe to assume Kuch-Point-Stamkos-Hedman-Cernak-Vasi are gonna be Tampa's guys. We may have beat them last year but we got outplayed badly through 6 games. Just once we need our core to turn up like theirs.
You know what's funny? The year before, the Bolts' entire core was irrelevant the entire series (except for Vasi the last few games)... It was their secondary depth that ended up killing us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad