Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Why wouldn't Boston have had any interest in 'home ice in round #2'?
My only guess is that they thought they would not get to round #2 playing Tampa. I can't think of any other reason to play so poorly against Washington and Ottawa. We'll know by the way they play Saturday.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I can guarantee that Boston will get a PP within the first minute of the game to kick off the series.
You bet. The Refs might as well wear yellow on brown striped jerseys !!!

Our Leafs will have to outscore 2 teams on the ice !!!!

Reactions: HolyCrap and MSZ

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Woll hasn't played well since returning from his injury.

Yeah but Samsonov is also a goalie that plays purely on confidence. If he has a shit game to start, it will unravel pretty quickly.

I’d rather go with Woll and swap right away rather than waiting to be in a hole before making the change.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Every year is different. We added more grit it seems but looks like at the expense of defense.
Hard to have half of your D struggling to make a first pass heading to the playoffs. The Bear and Edmundson should just follow Schenn workaround and just keep on bouncing them off the glass and give up possession.

I didnt really care who we played. Got to beat them at sometime to get to Lord Stanley which is the only goal.

Lets see how the refs call these playoffs.....the rules change as we all know. Boston likes PP and we struggle at PK and do you really expect our players to get calls ? Hasnt happened all year.

Hopefully our goalie whoever it is can stand on his head in these playoffs....because we need that position to be lights out.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
You bet. The Refs might as well wear yellow on brown striped jerseys !!!
Meh.

1713357504139.png

The refs will be a factor.
After our real problems: [Keefe Galaxy brain, PK, goaltending, PP, perimeter game, D can't clear the net] kill us.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I’ll say this: Reavo has kept his strong physical presence without going over the line for quite some time. The change in his game has been really great. He’s doing what he needs to do to remain in the lineup. He crushes people, and he’s been really effective on the forecheck.

MacAvoy is Charmin soft back there, as is most of their defense. The key to beating Boston is tenderizing their D-core of the forecheck and creating opportunities.
I’ve been really impressed with Reaves play too, especially since coming back from his extended break. I’m concerned about the whistles. The leafs seem to have a bad history with questionable suspensions compared to the opponent

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I can hear your voice shaking, hoping what you say is true.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t have a lot of confidence in any of the options we’re presented with, but samsonov’s numbers are heavily weighed down by his horrendous play before he was demoted

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
If we don't win this series big changes coming. Which isn't a Nad thing after we got our asses handed to us last night.

Willy goid thing you already signed your deal because the way you have been playing troubles me .
Morgan you must be hurt because you suck.
Keefe get your bags packed

Except for Mathew's no player should be untouchable if we dint win

This could be from 2021

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
If we don't win this series big changes coming. Which isn't a Nad thing after we got our asses handed to us last night.

Willy goid thing you already signed your deal because the way you have been playing troubles me .
Morgan you must be hurt because you suck.
Keefe get your bags packed

Except for Mathew's no player should be untouchable if we dint win
You're acting like we already lost

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Woll got both Bruins games recently, and was pretty lousy in both. I think coaching gave him those games on purpose to shield Samsonov from them in case we play them in round 1. (also why Woll just got the Florida start)

Samsonov will be the starter. The team just protected him a bit to keep his mental state intact.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Feel a bit more skeptical this year, but that's alright. I'll rebound for game one. Just glad we get some playoff hockey. Look forward to seeing you boys in the trenches.

Reactions: ToneDog

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
What are the chances our three 11 million dollar players actually step up this year? I’ve got some faith in Matthews after how he’s played this year but it wouldn’t have been the first time he’s fooled me. Zero faith in Tavares or Marner.

Despite that, I still think we have a chance at winning. We’ve got better depth scoring now and we are definitely tougher than years past. Should be a good series.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The problem is that, after 8 years of this core (5 with JT), we're still saying "if we SOMEHOW get by Boston". That tells you there is something wrong here. We should be favourites, but here we are hoping to somehow get by Boston still.
No kidding. After this long of a rebuild and people have to keep saying ok if this team can win and this team can do that and these guys can beat each other up, we may have some kind of chance.
You have to win 4 rounds. Who cares what the rest do. We have trouble winning 1 round. We should be good enough now to beat anyone in 7 by now.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad