Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Reilly Smith's best game as a Bruin.

Iggy really had it going for most of the game.

Marchand showing some good things but also fighting the puck at times.

Frustrated with Lucic's puck control. He seems to lose the puck a lot after he gets it. It's like it's not on his stick and he expects no one will try to poke it away from him, and then they do.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Jack annoys me sometimes. Kadri had his head down at the blueline, so Boychuk smoked him.

Kind of hit that hurts you no matter what b/c you don't see it coming. Because you have your head down , chin to chest like a dope, in ice that every coach you've had since friggin peewee warned you about. Sorry, Jack. That hit is never coming out of the game, and nor should it.

Great game. Too much rope-a-dope in the 2nd, but they hung on. Some teams are going to exploit their system in their own end continuously beating them to pucks w/ speed. Toronto is one of them.

Sure looked like Bergeron thought that was a crosscheck on that shorthanded chance. They never replayed it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Agreed. That's what I told the Leaf fans on Hockeystreams. I think they have a great team, and if healthy toward the end, they can do some damage.

I like them. I really do. After Bruins for me it's Leafs in East and Hawks in West. My kind of hockey.
Besides I love watching the Leafs kick the **** outta the Habs.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Missed most of the game but caught both fights on YouTube...good to see McQuaid go toe to toe with McLaren and loved Iginla's tilt as well. He's been great this year...:handclap:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
McQuaid held his own pretty damn well in there, set the tone for the boys.

Didn't like the 2nd period but otherwise it was the best game of the year hands down.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
As a Leafs fan, I thought Iginla looked great this game. Eriksson still look somewhat... passive though. One of his main strengths has always been his decision-making, doing the right play in practically every situation. He seems to hesitate in the games I've seen since he came to Boston though.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I like them. I really do. After Bruins for me it's Leafs in East and Hawks in West. My kind of hockey.
Besides I love watching the Leafs kick the **** outta the Habs.

I am the same after the Bruins I like the Leafs. I never said it here because I thought it would be blasphemy :laugh:

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Good game guys. Fun to watch; except with part of us losing.

Was really impressed with Krug, Reilly Smith, and Hamilton, they played pretty well.

Cheers!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Will also say-the TD Garden crowd seemed more into the game than recent ones.

Those who attended got a good game IMO-very exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad