GDT: Leafs vs. Blackhawks | Sat. Oct. 19th | 19:00 Hours | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
come on boys get in the game

hawks suck

Well they've won two Cups in the last handful of years, their captain is a Team Canada star, their best D-man is a Norris winner and they've won two Cups in the last few years . I can get being excited for the game but saying 'they suck' is a flat out lie.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Wow, I'm guaranteeing there is Noway Bernier gives up 5.

He gave up 5 to Edmonton. Anything can happen. I hope he's on his A-game today though. Chicago is scary good but our boys seem to elevate their game against elite teams.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
He gave up 5 to Edmonton. Anything can happen. I hope he's on his A-game today though. Chicago is scary good but our boys seem to elevate their game against elite teams.

Anything can, happen but most saying 5, is unbelievable. Coupled with he already gave up 5 to Edmonton, that would be twice in 5 starts. Game being delayed due to asteroid impact seems more likely.:laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Everyone in the prediction thread and elsewhere seems to think hawks will get 5. I don't disagree.

But I think leafs will get six. Good ol' fashion barn burner.

Everyone thought the Penguins would score 10 on the Oilers but they couldn't score more than 3. The same people probably expected the Bruins to beat us in 4 or 5 in the playoffs last season.

Leafs seem to be able to rise, or lower, their game to their oppositions level. I'm not expecting the Leafs to dominate by any means but it should be a good game I think.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

Yeah. Bernier has been pretty good overall, but his last two outings I don't feel he was looking too sharp. The Edmonton game was bad and the Carolina game was okay but he let in one of the worst goals of all time in that game which ended up being the winner.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Leafs are going to take it to the Hawks tonight.

Anyone who has watched the Hawks this season knows that they are no where near the form they were in last year yet.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Carlyle will have the boys prepared after losing the other night, and basically playing Ron Wilson-like hockey the last few games.

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
I like our chances tonight. Even going back to last year the leafs have played extemely well on the big saturday HNIC games. Another thing I've noticed is we play much better against strong teams and lose to teams we should easily beat (like Carolina the other night)

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
tough one to predict.

Toronto is still a great team, but heavily injured, Chicago is well, the stanley cup champion.

could go either way IMO, we've had good chemistry lately even with our injuries, and chicago's been a bit up and down.

3-2 chi or 3-2 TOR IMO.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Leafs are going to take it to the Hawks tonight.

Anyone who has watched the Hawks this season knows that they are no where near the form they were in last year yet.

Anybody who watches and understands hockey that in the matchup of style of game the Hawks plays into the Leafs strength. They play an open style of game which feeds right into the Leafs off the rush strength. Good goaltending tonight from Bernier and the Leafs could actually be the ones with a lob sided victory.;)

The Leafs struggle vs big gritty teams who play a dump & chase game thriving off the cycle. Teams like Boston, St. Louis... Teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh offensive go go type of teams the Leafs are a very dangerous opponent vs those types of teams.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
How's Kostka been for you guys? Surprised to see him getting playing time on an elite team as he wasn't good enough for the Leafs last year.

First game of the year for him, he actually looked good in pre-season, although I wouldve kept Stanton over him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad