GDT: Leafs vs. Blackhawks | Sat. Oct. 19th | 19:00 Hours | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Biggest test of the year so far for the leafs and I'm willing to bet the leafs realize it and come out playing a strong defensive game for the first time this season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Biggest test of the year so far for the leafs and I'm willing to bet the leafs realize it and come out playing a strong defensive game for the first time this season.

I don't expect our defence to resemble Jacques Lemaire's system.

We play a style where offence is not frowned upon, but as long as we are not running and gunning 100% of the time. As Nonis said, we want a team built that can play any style a team wants to.

Cycle, rough, run and gun, trap.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hope they come out and play their playoff brand of hockey instead of the Harlem Globetrotters stuff. A guy like Jake Gardiner also needs to start showing a bit more respect to his opponents and play with focus, urgency and simplicity. Sometimes he gets into trouble when he gets too casual and cute like he's going to deke the crap out of some pick up pond hockey opponents standing still.

Mr Scarface*

Welp, this will be a tough one. Lets see what we can do :laugh:
:biglaugh:
I agree, nothing!!!

We going to lose this one for sure. I already stated that earlier in early talk thread. We will not win this game no matter what. Even Carlyle goes all out on this one. We do not even want to win 82 games in this regular season. Chicago's offensively oriented game will suit perfectly them in this game. We are underdogs and can't do anything about this fast team with our current lineup. So many key guys out and our game is searching itself still. We are the hardest team in the league, but right now we want to lose this one and will so. We will win this game in the future. Late this season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope they come out and play their playoff brand of hockey instead of the Harlem Globetrotters stuff. A guy like Jake Gardiner also needs to start showing a bit more respect to his opponents and play with focus, urgency and simplicity. Sometimes he gets into trouble when he gets too casual and cute like he's going to deke the crap out of some pick up pond hockey opponents standing still.

Seems like doing a simple breakout is so hard for the Leafs right now. With the amount of mobility and skilled defense we have, I don't think this should be happening.

I do hope the Leafs can play a mistake free game tonight. Every turnover tonight will be exploited, like with most teams. We can't give the puck away like we have.

I don't care too much about the shots, but managing the puck has to be a priority that we haven't figured out so far.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am one of those fans that really likes more conference play. I don't like playing each Western team twice. I would love it if it was much more conference/division heavy schedule. Games mean a lot more, and they are more intense. I'd rather them playing Boston tonight, or Detroit, or Montreal. 4 games only against your division rivals, does not jive with me.

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I don't expect our defence to resemble Jacques Lemaire's system.

We play a style where offence is not frowned upon, but as long as we are not running and gunning 100% of the time. As Nonis said, we want a team built that can play any style a team wants to.

Cycle, rough, run and gun, trap.

Hmmmmmmm I hope he didn't mean that, afterall why should we be playing the way another team wants us to play? I guess we can't make them play our game, doesn't sound to confident.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Confirmed by Hurt, both James will be available :sarcasm:

Looking forward to it. Love that building, let's hope the boys are up for this challenge!
Well not necessarily, they've both made the trip but neither is confirmed to be playing. Reimer seems probably to at least dress but nothing on JVR because they aren't practicing

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
If we're serious about being a winning team, we have to go into every game confident we can win. Obviously some games are harder than others, but going in hoping for a single point isn't what champions do

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Well not necessarily, they've both made the trip but neither is confirmed to be playing. Reimer seems probably to at least dress but nothing on JVR because they aren't practicing

I believe Leafy just said they were available.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I'm fairly certain that the Leafs are going to get absolutely steamrolled in this game.

They can't break out of their zone and manage the puck well at all. Combine that with going against a high-octane offense and it isn't going to be a pretty night for the Leafs.

Ace88*

Expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Keep calm, burn the corsi, etc etc

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I have a feeling we'll play much better. Not saying we'll win necessarily, but I think this is the turning point.

We usually play better against better teams anyway. And judging by how each player's face looked after the canes game, they'll come out flying for reimer or bernier, they owe them both that much.

Go Leafs Go

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm fairly certain that the Leafs are going to get absolutely steamrolled in this game.

They can't break out of their zone and manage the puck well at all. Combine that with going against a high-octane offense and it isn't going to be a pretty night for the Leafs.

Yea, cause the Blackhawks are so perfect! :sarcasm:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yea, cause the Blackhawks are so perfect! :sarcasm:

True...

Chicago is 16th in scoring, 7th in GAA (tied with couple of teams)
Leafs are 6th in scoring, 8th in GAA (tied with couple of teams)

Their PP and PK are terrible right now.

Our PP and PK is great right now.

We're not facing the Chicago Blackhawks that won the Cup...this is game 8 of the regular season. There is no reason why we can't beat them.

2 losses, both 1 goal games and 2/3 lucky goals against Carolina.

Chicago has the ability to kick our ass but I don't think they can unless they up their game significantly and we play worse than we have so far.

It'll be a close one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad