GDT: Leafs v Preds II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I would move Kadri to PP2.

He is being wasted on our first PP, maybe put Kappy or Marleau in the bumper spot to stand there and tip pucks.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Ok, I'm on the refs here and there but even I don't expect them to make an offside call by a cm difference. To me, if we need to go frame by frame to barely see if it's offside then we've forgotten the reason for this rule; which is to call the obvious ones that the refs miss. And there really should be a time limit. If a team can't defend the zone properly they shouldn't be let off the hook for a missed offside (barely in this case) that happened 40 seconds ago. .

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Ok, I'm on the refs here and there but even I don't expect them to make an offside call by a cm difference. To me, if we need to go frame by frame to barely see if it's offside then we've forgotten the reason for this rule; which is to call the obvious ones that the refs miss. And there really should be a time limit. If a team can't defend the zone properly, they shouldn't be let off the hook for a missed offside (barely in this case) that happened 40 seconds ago. .

It is bush league

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Ya I dont get the calls on hooking/holding on the dump in... is it a penalty? Some teams do it every single dump in and then you will see only one instance penalized.

We've been burned for less this year on some of those. Matthews took an elbow to the head and Marner is battling just constant interference almost every shift.

Even the Zaitsev penalty sucked as he was tilted after taking a very dangerous trip right in front of the ref and he took a number before the payback on that net clearance.

Still think the Leafs can come back as they are clearly the better team and have beaten Rinne cleanly a couple times but not the post (or borderline offside calls) and bunch of chances have just hit Rinne as he has been under siege. Nashville averages 10.6 HD scoring chances against and the Leafs already have 14.

Overall: Scoring chances 24-12 Leafs HD chances: 14-5

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
Ok, I'm on the refs here and there but even I don't expect them to make an offside call by a cm difference. To me, if we need to go frame by frame to barely see if it's offside then we've forgotten the reason for this rule; which is to call the obvious ones that the refs miss. And there really should be a time limit. If a team can't defend the zone properly, they shouldn't be let off the hook for a missed offside (barely in this case) that happened 40 seconds ago. .
Yes, it was Rinne's bad positioning - not the supposed offside a long time ago!!!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
It seems like there should be flags or something. That's how far its come.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
That a boy Matthews and Gardiner.

Taking a run at Watson after he elbowed Matthews

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
14 shots. Babcock has to admit that this team's weakness has been identified. He has to adjust. He has to figure this out. He has to stop being so stubborn and admit things aren't working in some areas.

Reactions: ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->