GDT: Leafs v Canes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Why hasn't Marner and Matthews showed up? They've been outplayed badly.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The PP looks so embarrassing tonight .. as an sides Marner looks like a scrub out there. He needs to wake up.

Unlucky to not be tied at the end. Need to keep working hard and just put pucks on the net.

No excuses to lose this one, especially in regulation

Marner has been garbage for the last 10 games or so.

- giveaways
- terible passes in traffic only to lose possession
- cannot do anything on the boards

bottom line: if he isn't scoring; marner isn't useful. same as nylander

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Gotta say, I absolutely f***ing hate this.

We're now in a situation that isn't a hockey game. It's not fair to the Canes, not fair to the Leafs and not fair to the goalie.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We need a dominating 3rd period. Those first 2 periods were pretty average at best with an abysmal PP.

Marner needs to wake up and step up. He's been struggling badly.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
The media needs to be on this team hard after the game. Ask the players questions about why the effort wasn't there again after they had discussed a lack of urgency being a problem publicly 4 frigging days ago.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Mitch wanted the Matthews contract, remember that? His agent and dad thought he was worth that because of all his 2nd assists and empty points?

he's not on the same tier as Matthews.

Only the Hounds on the Leafs board and all the people on the main board (with ulterior agendas) feel like he's on Matthews' level. Oh yea and Paul.

Reactions: supermann_98

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I've never learned so much about a hockey team in 2 minutes that I learned from that Leafs PP

All 30 other teams in the league woulda outworked them to get that free goal. Not Toronto though... not Toronto

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Fire everything at the net. They better quit being cute.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Mitch wanted the Matthews contract, remember that? His agent and dad thought he was worth that because of all his 2nd assists and empty points?

Im not a fan of marners off ice bs. But this is a f***ed take. Marner lead the league in primary assists I believe or was among the leaders

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Why hasn't Marner and Matthews showed up? They've been outplayed badly.

I would in no way equate the 2 tonight. Matthews has had a few bad giveaways, but he's been by far the most noticeable positively of our stars in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->