Eklund Rumor: Leafs targeting Travis Sanheim.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Well, yeah. Parayko is more established, and a safer trade today. But I severely doubt he's available... perhaps even less available than Sanheim. Also, I'm not so sure that Sanheim won't be as good or better than Parayko in 2 years. But I see your point.

Forgetting availability as we don't even know if Sanheim would be available, if the Leafs are going to trade Nylander they need to make a safe trade. While Sanheim might project to be as good, if he doesn't the Leafs are looking at a Hall for Larsson trade.

Either way I like Sanheim and wouldn't be terribly disappointed if that was the return. I guess the other question is how much would he be looking for on his next contract and is he able to run the second pair on his own. I doubt Gardiner is back next year and while I think Dermott will get moved up, I'm not sure that Sanheim and Dermott as your second pairing is that great.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
if anyone pays attention, kapanen is absolutely a top 6 talent. he's got tremendous skill. is that worth sanheim? i don't know. but he's a quality talent and should not be dismissed.

this coming from a laffs hater.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
if anyone pays attention, kapanen is absolutely a top 6 talent. he's got tremendous skill. is that worth sanheim? i don't know. but he's a quality talent and should not be dismissed.

I'll bet he spends most of his career on the 3rd line (of any team he's on), no problem. He's a tweener 2/3 guy. I'd say Middle 6 is more his area.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
... if the Leafs are going to trade Nylander they need to make a safe trade. While Sanheim might project to be as good, if he doesn't the Leafs are looking at a Hall for Larsson trade.
No, we are looking for a Stojanov for Naslund trade.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't think that's necessarily true in regards to salary. Parayko is making $5.5 and is someone I would prefer over Sanheim. Manson is another.
I bet you would like parayko. Question is do you really think blues would trade him. Especially for nylander... or even at all.

Quick answer. No they will not. So why even bring it up

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Yup. I'm glad he's getting a chance to show it.
His speed backs the D up and creates a ton of room for him and Matthews.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No, we are looking for a Stojanov for Naslund trade.
What an awful comparison.

Sanheim already has had a better career than AS did...he has already doubled him in points, in half the games, and at age 22 and younger. AS never made the NHL until 23 and was gone by age 26.

Just dumb.

Oh, and Nylander is going to be a 100 point guy? Sigh...

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I bet you would like parayko. Question is do you really think blues would trade him. Especially for nylander... or even at all.

Quick answer. No they will not. So why even bring it up

This is a hockey forum and as such we're allowed to discuss trades as realistic or unrealistic as they may seem.

Not too long ago in the Nylander thread someone was offering up Gudbranson for Nylander, were you there then claiming the same thing for Nylander?

In regards to Parayko's availability, I doubt St Louis would move him either, but if the Leafs made a package around Nylander, multiple 1st's and top end prospects it might be enough to get them to think about it.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
You Leafs do have one special RHD prospect brewing for the future, a giant one, but i guess you feel your window is now. (understandable)
-unfortunately he is "injured" at the moment

It would be frigging awesome if Jokerit would loan Eemeli Räsänen to...lets say, Ilves,
would get coached by arguably the best young player's coach in the world, Karri Kivi.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This is a hockey forum and as such we're allowed to discuss trades as realistic or unrealistic as they may seem.

Not too long ago in the Nylander thread someone was offering up Gudbranson for Nylander, were you there then claiming the same thing for Nylander?

In regards to Parayko's availability, I doubt St Louis would move him either, but if the Leafs made a package around Nylander, multiple 1st's and top end prospects it might be enough to get them to think about it.
Could be but i Just dont see Leafs overpaying for him. But nylander 2 1sts and a tope end prospect. No Gm would turn that down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad