Eklund Rumor: Leafs targeting Travis Sanheim.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I was referencing the post where someone mentioned Brown - you conveniently left that out of your quote.
You quoted a post that had no mention of Brown, and everybody has been talking about Kapanen. I didn't "conveniently" leave anything out. Your post is just incredibly confusing.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
famous quote:

"And that fact has shown in his minutes...In 3 of the first 4 games this season he was playing under 14 minutes, but not last night...Last night, with Kyle Dubas in the building, Sanheim got the most ice time he has seen to date...playing just over 20 minutes.....

And with the confidence being shown in him, you saw a much more confident Travis...making a lot of nifty plays and jumping into the offense at more opportunities.

So what could Toronto and Philly be discussing? According to my sources it would NOT be Nylander...but possibly could be Kapanan, who grew up in the Philly area while his dad played here.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Leafs Targeting Travis Sanheim?
The big question is what would the Leafs be willing to add to Kapanan to get Sanheim because Kapanan alone doesn't cut it.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Youre too late, it was like 6 posts in.

Also, its laughable to suggest the Flyers would move Sanheim (Top 4 potential d, an absolute need), for a bottom 6 RW (soemthing we have in spades), not matter the plus - unless that plus is bigger than Brown.

If Sanheim is a top 4 potential D than Kapanen is a top six potential F.

But yeah the trade doesn't make sense for Philly at all. Doesn't even really make sense for Toronto either as Babcock would just sit him in the press box cause hes left handed and not better than our LDs.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If Sanheim is a top 4 potential D than Kapanen is a top six potential F.

But yeah the trade doesn't make sense for Philly at all. Doesn't even really make sense for Toronto either as Babcock would just sit him in the press box cause hes left handed and not better than our LDs.

Ive updated my post with better wording. The second part of my post was in reference to someones post that connor brown would be a more appropriate starting point, which is utterly laughable from our end.

Reactions: dukeofjive

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Philly has no reason to trade Sanheim right when the time put into his development is starting to pay off regardless the return. Slowly a top 4 is being constructed. Provorov,Ghost,Sanheim and ? We hope and think the 4th guy can be Myers but we won’t know. Guys like Hagg,Morin, Friedman can construct the bottom pair and the team also has a few other prospects on defense. At some point the Gudas, Farmers, Frolins etc should be a thing of the past. It’s taken time and is still a work in progress but I’d take a piece like Sanheim over a guy like Kap/Brownetc pretty easily as a Flyers fan and from an organizational need standpoint.

To address an earlier point......the rumor mills out of Philly went dry when Hexy took over. Nada...zilch...nothing. The organization doesn’t tip its hands anymore. Makes me very skeptical there is any truth to this what so ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhillyFaninMTL

Mar 26, 2010
And then the discussion shifts to .... well what the hell are you adding? Because Nylander>Sanheim>Kapanen.
Yeah, I don’t see any trade between the Leafs and Flyers. Just not good trade partners.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, Dubas in the building has an affect on the in game coaching decision on a players ice time. A stroke of genius for Eklund? Or click bait capitalization on Dubas watching a hockey game?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
in b4 "Eklund has Flyers ties! Remember that 1 time 11 years ago he got Forsberg to Nashville right?!"

also I have my misgivings about Hextall, but there are no leaks under his regime. No info gets out.

seems most of the front offices in the league are like this now, much to the detriment of actual sports writers. Guys like Eklund are unimpacted

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
You're almost definitely drastically underrating Kapanen, because everyone does. He's a legit player. BUT I still wouldn't fault you, just because, especially with young players, you go for peak, and I really think Sanheim has legitimate star-level peak potential, whereas Kapanen probably tops out as a solid top-line winger in the "there are 62 top-line wingers" sense of the phrase.
It's not under rating Kapanen by saying he doesn't get you Sanheim. It's stating the obvious.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Or signing Nylander makes Kapanen expendable which would be the better move for Toronto I think.

Why does that make Kapanen expendable? Marleau isn’t going to play forever. And Nylander can play centre. There’s a lot of flexibility. Play Nylander at 3LW on Kadri’s line, demote Johnsson/Leivo to 4LW. When Marleau leaves you have Nylander move up to 1LW like we had always planned.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
This is an odd little thread.

1) Sanheim for Nylander, as a core to a deal, does make some sense for both teams.
2) The Flyers add a 2nd rounder, if not more.
3) Eklund is still making stuff up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad