Eklund Rumor: Leafs targeting Travis Sanheim.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
famous quote:

"And that fact has shown in his minutes...In 3 of the first 4 games this season he was playing under 14 minutes, but not last night...Last night, with Kyle Dubas in the building, Sanheim got the most ice time he has seen to date...playing just over 20 minutes.....

And with the confidence being shown in him, you saw a much more confident Travis...making a lot of nifty plays and jumping into the offense at more opportunities.

So what could Toronto and Philly be discussing? According to my sources it would NOT be Nylander...but possibly could be Kapanan, who grew up in the Philly area while his dad played here.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Leafs Targeting Travis Sanheim?

Reactions: searle

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Is Sanheim a player the Flyers are looking to move? My guess is no.

Is Sanheim a theoretical perfect fit in Toronto, making him a player they’d covet and potentially pay the steep price for? I really don’t think so..

I’m not good at predicting trades, but I’ll confidently predict Travis Sanheim isn’t traded to the Leafs anytime soon.

Evergreen

Sanheim played a lot of minutes because he was our best offensive D last night, we were down 2 goals late, and Ghost missed some shifts in the 3rd. Not because we are trying to trade for Nylander or Kapanen.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Id say every NHL team would be calling if Philly made Sanheim available.

Id imagine TO would definately want him so i dont know why people are surprised by this

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
in b4 "Eklund has Flyers ties! Remember that 1 time 11 years ago he got Forsberg to Nashville right?!"

also I have my misgivings about Hextall, but there are no leaks under his regime. No info gets out.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
in b4 "Eklund has Flyers ties! Remember that 1 time 11 years ago he got Forsberg to Nashville right?!"

also I have my miss givings about Hextall, but there are no leaks under his regime. No info gets out.

Youre too late, it was like 6 posts in.

Also, its laughable to suggest - as someone did - the Flyers would move Sanheim (Top 4 potential d, an absolute need), for Brown, bottom 6 RW (something we have in spades), no matter the plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetbutt

Oryx05

Jan 13, 2018
I was referencing the post where someone mentioned Brown - you conveniently left that out of your quote.

I understood your post to insinuate Kapanen was not a top 6RW. It reads as you wouldn't feel the value is there unless there was a + on top of Kapanen at the value of a Brown, ie Sanhiem for Kapanen + Brown.

Either way, Kapanen is a good young player, but IMO, not what the Flyers need. Not to mention, why trade your young D-men you've been grooming for years when they've barely scratched the surface of regular NHL ice-time.

Reactions: paul9kariya

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
With respect to Kapanen, he is of little to no interest to the Flyers. We are more than set at young wingers and Kapanen would be very redundant. There aren't even enough minutes to go around for the young players as it is thanks to this dumb coach.

Even if they weren't aiming low for Kapanen and instead were thinking about Nylander, that makes no sense either. Scoring is not the problem with this team at all.

Only thing I could see them moving Sanheim for is in a package to get someone like Trouba. Otherwise, there is literally no point in moving Sanheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->