LeBrun: Leafs targeting Foligno, possible 3 way trade with Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
As a reference, the Leafs got a 5th rounder to retain 1.1M on Robin Lehner as a 3rd party.
Retaining $1m in capspace is 'only' $220k in real salary given that only 22% of the season remains after the deadline. In that regard a 5th doesn't seem unreasonable.

Reactions: banks

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
That is absolutely not what LeBrun said. It was 2 separate comments that had nothing to do with each other.

You're starving for a leafs trade arent you :laugh:

I wish there was a link so we could judge ourselves.

Don't threads like this need to provide a link?

Reactions: banks

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I like Foligno a lot, so seeing a team that I can't stand acquire him would cause some inner conflict for me. Great fit too. Similar to when they signed Simmonds. Hate the feeling of seeing a team that I always root against land players that I really like who are great acquisitions.

Hopefully another team swoops in and saves me from having to (kind of) root for the Leafs.
It'll be nice to have ya.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Foligno in the bottom 6 makes sense. On the top line not so much.

But great leadership quality. Never a bad idea to add captains on your team.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I'd personally rather add a guy w skill and a bit of Grit like Schwartz, but I can see the appeal of Foligno stylistically. Hoping for a reasonable cost if there is truth to it .

If he gets made available it's likely he's the most expensive + coveted forward out there though. I kinda imagine St. Louis resigns him

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
That is absolutely not what LeBrun said. It was 2 separate comments that had nothing to do with each other.

You're starving for a leafs trade arent you :laugh:

I think it is a rule but there needs to be a better job at ensuring links are given in these type of threads lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->