GDT: Leafs @ Stars - 730 Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Keefe (Sheldon Keefe on William Nylander's career high in goals: "I don’t see this as a hot streak necessarily... I think this is more what Will is capable of" | Maple Leafs Hotstove): Well, it was really evident for me right from the start just in terms of the value of having someone like that on your bench just to speak to your team and have the confidence to be vocal and talk, and also just the relationships with officials and respect from the opposition. All of those types of things you get in this league — maybe not so much in other leagues — and everybody knows who everyone is and there is a certain level of respect that I think can help.
He has contributed for us as a player as well. We’ve had injuries and we’ve had to move him up and move him around the lineup. He’s dealt with that well. He’s helped us on the power play. He has been a very serviceable player for us in many ways.

Babcock:

#TotalAss

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Are they trying to get this game over early so they can do the Oilers/Flames doubleheader? Our games usually start at 7:30 Dallas time, so idk why it's starting so early.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope we can keep rolling. The Stars aren't that good of a scoring team, so I hope we can take advantage of that.

I'd expect Kapanen to sit out this one but to be back by the week-end.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Keefe (Sheldon Keefe on William Nylander's career high in goals: "I don’t see this as a hot streak necessarily... I think this is more what Will is capable of" | Maple Leafs Hotstove): Well, it was really evident for me right from the start just in terms of the value of having someone like that on your bench just to speak to your team and have the confidence to be vocal and talk, and also just the relationships with officials and respect from the opposition. All of those types of things you get in this league — maybe not so much in other leagues — and everybody knows who everyone is and there is a certain level of respect that I think can help.
He has contributed for us as a player as well. We’ve had injuries and we’ve had to move him up and move him around the lineup. He’s dealt with that well. He’s helped us on the power play. He has been a very serviceable player for us in many ways.

Babcock:

#TotalAss

So you're saying you didn't care for Babcock?

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Dallas seems like a heavy playoff style team. Anyone know their splits vs. the Eastern Conference?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Are they trying to get this game over early so they can do the Oilers/Flames doubleheader? Our games usually start at 7:30 Dallas time, so idk why it's starting so early.

Probably. That's the game most hockey fans are going to want to see. Toronto and Dallas are two good teams but there is no rivalry or anything.

Plus they probably feel that starting at 6:30 vs. 7:30 local time is not that big of a deal once in a while.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
We need to go on another win streak here, I feel confident about tonights game. Dallas is no joke though so just show up on time

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Still not really worried about our season. We've been one of the better teams in the league under Keefe, and I'm expecting that to continue. Meanwhile, some of the teams that have been racking up points lately have done so due to sh% or sv% spikes, and they're likely to fall back to earth a bit. There's a lot left of the season. Quality will shine through in that time. What is holding us back and makes me a bit worried is Andersen, but I can't see him continuing to play this poorly for long.

FireBabcock

Apr 21, 2019
They are completely in the hunt still.

Games in hand for Leafs HFBoard members:

Worth 3 points when other teams have them.

Worth -1 when Leafs have them.
The games in hand Florida has is less than or equal to the number of heads to heads left. We have the ROW tiebreaker if we have equal points.
This Is In Their Control. If we don’t make it it is cause we were outplayed by the Panthers down the stretch

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Hopefully we don't get goalied too hard tonight since Bishop has been excellent, but Dallas is a low scoring team and that's good to help Freddy getting back on his feet. Dallas is a good team and it could be a tough game, but we have the offense to run everyone over. We looked shakey to start against Nashville, but I think they got most of the yips out of their systems and should be ready to go on a bit of a run here. Hoping for a good game, but I think we have a really good chance to win here and get a little run going.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Still not really worried about our season. We've been one of the better teams in the league under Keefe, and I'm expecting that to continue. Meanwhile, some of the teams that have been racking up points lately have done so due to sh% or sv% spikes, and they're likely to fall back to earth a bit. There's a lot left of the season. Quality will shine through in that time. What is holding us back and makes me a bit worried is Andersen, but I can't see him continuing to play this poorly for long.

I agree that there is plenty of time left, quality should shine through and we've played well under Keefe. Still, the fact that we had that immature ;) dip is a little bit concerning and more concerning is the fact that we're still suffering from injury issues. So while I'm not overly concerned and still think we have too much going for us to miss out, the fact is that it's still a close race and while I wouldn't be surprised to finish 4th in the East, it wouldn't come as a complete shock to finish 9th. Our margin for error is basically gone and another injury could spell trouble.

Thanks for the link Mess. Seems they are not imposing their will on Eastern teams. Dallas is 7-3 in their last 10 though so it will be a hard fought 2 points it seems.

Edit: Including a win over Tampa in their last game so ya they are going to be a tough opponent.

Dallas is a good team, they're playing well and they're at home which is always huge. Then again, we're also a good team and we played well last time out so ... should be a good game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad