Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ St Louis - Saturday Night - HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Not so strangely pessimistic! We'll be fortunate to not get our asses kicked but good.

The Blues won the last game only 3-2. They are likely very disappointed with that result.
Buddy blues fan of mine (totally random I know) says they’re down 4 of their top 12

Reactions: Al14

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
he was placed on LTIR so he can't play until 10 games + 24 days elapse. I think it means he can play on NYE against the Wild at the earliest.

edit -- oops, was already answered

Wait, of all the teams / rivals to choose from, we’re playing MINNESOTA on NYE? Gross

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm going to eat some absolutely great food. Drink some of the best stuff I know. And I'll have perfect company for a night of hockey too. Nobody around to ******* disturb me. It'll be a good night, despite the hockey.
I was just going to comment, but than finished reading your post. Enjoy, dude! And who knows it's time to win one, isn't it? :)

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Didn't think this possible, but our music is even softer than the team! :D
Haha! I was thinking the same thing. I guess this music perfectly reflects the team.

These guys needs some aggression training. Keefe should take this group to some hardcore and death metal shows. Teach them to mosh a little bit. Discover, express and harness their inner rage.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
We need a game to really shift things in the right direction.

To my mind it feels like there have been 2 games that have defined our season to this point--both against key divisional rivals.

1) The third game vs. Montreal (the Kapanen stick throw game) when we blew that 3-goal 3rd period lead and lost in OT. Coming off a 2-0 start to the season where they looked pretty good, that was a bummer and set the wheels in motion for the freefall and Babcock's ousting.

2) Last week's loss in Buffalo. We were coming off a 3-game win streak to start the Keefe era and jumped out to a 2-goal lead. Optimism was at an alltime high and it seemed like a new page was being turned until they blew that lead and lost in regulation. Scoring has dried up and they've lost two out of three since, throwing the fanbase back into panic mode.

We desperately need a turning point game. An unexpected blowout win, an unlikely comeback, a buzzer beater. Something to set the tone for good things to come for the rest of the year before the malaise of mediocrity fully sets in.

Reactions: meng666

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Haha! I was thinking the same thing. I guess this music perfectly reflects the team.

These guys needs some aggression training. Keefe should take this group to some hardcore and death metal shows. Teach them to mosh a little bit. Discover, express and harness their inner rage.
Didn't you see Nylander on that training session clip? He was channeling some primal rage there. :naughty:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Looking forward to seeing one of the top lines in hockey last year back together for the first time.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia

You know the closest thing is Bieber, who is a regular season ticket holder. Only makes it worse! :D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m excited to see Aberg again.

Agostino will get his chance. IIRC he just recently returned from an injury with the Marlies, did he not?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
We need a game to really shift things in the right direction.

To my mind it feels like there have been 2 games that have defined our season to this point--both against key divisional rivals.

1) The third game vs. Montreal (the Kapanen stick throw game) when we blew that 3-goal 3rd period lead and lost in OT. Coming off a 2-0 start to the season where they looked pretty good, that was a bummer and set the wheels in motion for the freefall and Babcock's ousting.

2) Last week's loss in Buffalo. We were coming off a 3-game win streak to start the Keefe era and jumped out to a 2-goal lead. Optimism was at an alltime high and it seemed like a new page was being turned until they blew that lead and lost in regulation. Scoring has dried up and they've lost two out of three since, throwing the fanbase back into panic mode.

We desperately need a turning point game. An unexpected blowout win, an unlikely comeback, a buzzer beater. Something to set the tone for good things to come for the rest of the year before the malaise of mediocrity fully sets in.
And even though it is recent I think maybe that last game as well. Colorado is fantastic and we were on a back to back. That ridiculous goal has put the fan base into a collective shock.
Get a single point last game and I’m sure most fans are feeling more or less comfortable with the Keefe leafs. Something about that goal and loss has incited a cataclysmic nihilism within leafland.

Reactions: Brown Dog

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The reason why Defensive minded teams are the way to go in this cap era is it keep salaries down.
Drafting too many skilled forwards just inflates salaries.

I wanted to build from the net out. That was my plan.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm going to eat some absolutely great food. Drink some of the best stuff I know. And I'll have perfect company for a night of hockey too. Nobody around to ******* disturb me. It'll be a good night, despite the hockey.
ok, personal question, what is your fav beverage?
I won't be hurt if its not single malt.
I actually drink bourbon too.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Marner JT make Hyman better, but that's not chemistry.
It's not a player making the other players on the line better, chemistry is about how the components of the line compliment each other to make the line better. It's an overall view of the results, not the evaluation of the individual parts themselves.
Does that make sense?

That's exactly it.

You can have terrific/high end parts, but they have fit together if you want it to work.

Reactions: saltming

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Perhaps he has a road to that, but he has to start gently to not spook them.

Slowly build up some tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad