Prospect Info: Leafs sign Semyon Der-Arguchintsev to 3 year ELC

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
look at the time on the post, right after the game. Do you just hate the romance of the game? You'll notice that the word "Imagine" is in the original post you quoted, I'm not trying to portray that sequence of events as fact

have a little fun in life

Imagine puppies wearing skates on ice. Imagine.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Not the first time we signed a player from another country who we just drafted.

He will need the bonus money to help him live a little better. Peterborough is a great hockey town. I coached there back in the day. With Gainey as part of the Petes organization it is going back to one of the destinations that Jr players who got drafted willwant to play!

Kid looked good last night and has a good base to him as far as development goes. Should be an NHL player. For a late first round pick he would have been good. For him to be a 3rd round pick. He is a steal.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Not the first time we signed a player from another country who we just drafted.

He will need the bonus money to help him live a little better. Peterborough is a great hockey town. I coached there back in the day. With Gainey as part of the Petes organization it is going back to one of the destinations that Jr players who got drafted willwant to play!

Kid looked good last night and has a good base to him as far as development goes. Should be an NHL player. For a late first round pick he would have been good. For him to be a 3rd round pick. He is a steal.

Very cool. I'm originally from ptbo.
We use to produce a lot of NHL players, and definitely had some notable ones. Its nice to see a Leaf prospect on the Petes now. I'll have to get to some games. All the guys who play on that team always get treated pretty good. Like you said.. huge hockey city, and lacrosse too.

Reactions: diceman934

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Very cool. I'm originally from ptbo.
We use to produce a lot of NHL players, and definitely had some notable ones. Its nice to see a Leaf prospect on the Petes now. I'll have to get to some games. All the guys who play on that team always get treated pretty good. Like you said.. huge hockey city, and lacrosse too.
Evan’s family. I coached a few of those boys. They were good hockey players as well as Lacrosse players. Shawn was small but some one forget to tell him. He could really fight but so skilled as a Lacrosse player. Still plays Pro. With Gainey there now I expect once again the Pete’s will get more and more top players.

I used to never miss s Gens and Pete’s game as the action in the stands often was a lot more entertaining then the on ice stuff.

Reactions: Burnie97

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Nothing. The Leafs won't pay him unless he's playing for the Leafs, Marlies or Growlers. His contract will slide and not start until he is 20, in all likelyhood.

As an above poster mentions, I believe he gets his $80k signing bonus -- the contract itself slides back a year until hes a pro but I assume the signing bonus is payable regardless.

Nice thing for an 18 year old to get an $80k cheque :)

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He may be small but he looks better than Leivo and that's the last 3rd rounder I can recall we got to the NHL. maybe he can take some growth hormones? Good pick for a 3rd.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This strategy is paying off....

Remember the old days when we would trade up??? Like that time we traded Rickard Rakell and John Gibson for Tyler Biggs... :(:huh::help:

There's nothing wrong with trading up either if you're targeting someone who could be exceptional.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
He may be small but he looks better than Leivo and that's the last 3rd rounder I can recall we got to the NHL. maybe he can take some growth hormones? Good pick for a 3rd.

He's reportedly 5'10 at 17 years old. Not too crazy he could grow 2-3 inches by the time he's 20.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Nevermind
rpDIyds.gifv

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This strategy is paying off....

Remember the old days when we would trade up??? Like that time we traded Rickard Rakell and John Gibson for Tyler Biggs... :(:huh::help:

Trading up wasn't the problem. Incompetent scouting/drafting was the problem. What if Burke had traded up then drafted Richard Rackell at 22 then John Gibson at 25? To this day trading up would be called a genius move.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Trading up wasn't the problem. Incompetent scouting/drafting was the problem. What if Burke had traded up then drafted Richard Rackell at 22 then John Gibson at 25? To this day trading up would be called a genius move.

Listen guys, I know that trading up can work (especially if you get Gretzky...)! I was just lamenting a former failure, while contrasting it with some recent better moves.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
There's nothing wrong with trading up either if you're targeting someone who could be exceptional.

Thinking you have some kind of edge on someone really special is a fallacy. Starting somewhere in the mid-late first quantity starts to trump quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->