Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Kurtis Gabriel to 1 year contract (750k)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Ok now. For all who don’t like this signing fine. You however have to notice the change in focus Dubas has taken in who he is signing with Gabriel,Bunting,Ritchie and Simmonds.Our new goalie is a high spirited hot head too in case nobody knew.
He is adding pkayers with fire in their attitude. It’s a new direction in philosophy you are seeing.Who was Keefe going to tap on the shoulder last year with just Simmonds on the bench when he wanted someone settled down.
Like it or not it is a change in direction. I don’t think he sees a game for the Marlies actually. We’ll see. Not saying he won’t be a healthy scratch and sharing playing time. I just say he won’t be a Marlie.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
TSN Original: 'Dream, work hard, believe' - A Mother's Day Story - TSN.ca

May 9th is Mother’s Day. Celebrated with flowers, cards and maybe breakfast in bed – it’s a time to say thanks to moms for all that they do. For San Jose Shark Kurtis Gabriel it could really be any day of the week. That’s not disrespectful to his mom Kim - it just means he is thankful year-round. They talk daily, she is his best friend and, according to him, she is half the reason he made it to the NHL. She told him to “dream, work hard and believe” and he took those words to heart.

Reactions: NinjaKick

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok

Kurtis Gabriel – 2021 Free Agency

July 29, 2021 • 08:12

Kurtis Gabriel speaks with the media following his signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Very well spoken young man. His positive attitude is infectious. I hope he's able to stick around in some capacity, I think he'd help raise the room and efforts on the practice sheet. As he mentions, him, Bunting and Simmonds all from the same area, all with a bit of an attitude...ok.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Ryan Reaves
Matt Martin
Zack Kassian
Kurtis Gabriel
That’s what he is only cheaper. Dubas jumped on signing him quick. He’s a rare bird in his attributes and attitude of how he is going to play the game.
If he plays full time 4 th line which i pretty much think he will, he will have 200 hits on a 8 minutes per average. That’s just what he does.
Anybody think we don’t need that. He understands the game and plays sound defensively and plays with intensity and will be physical. He won’t be a Marlie.
“ Comes in hot” but they will get used to it he said in his interview lol

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Or 911, in the event someone starts picking on our Leaf players and it doesn't end well for whoever pisses Gabriel off...the other team will know who to call to get their player medical help.
Hahaha.....Gabriel #911

I like it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There isn’t a player in our division we have to worry about running around taking liberties with our top players now. About time.
Edit: every article i read doesn’t have this guy in the lineup. Not very knowledgeable writers I’m thinking. They got a energy guy who can skate and add grit for a reason. It will be interesting to see the writers critical of his spot on the roster because they know little.

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'm assuming this is how he met his girlfriend.
Unless it's all staged his hands are made of stone hahahahah

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Wow, you guys were right, his girlfriend is smoking hot!
I told y'all! :heart: She is the best looking lady in ice hockey world and as y'
all noticed the interview, he has the best ATTITUDE and CONFIDENCE ever in ice hockey world. He and evander kane have had the best women in life and hockey and they have that BEST ATTITUDE AND CONDIDENCE EVER! Others is jelious. I mean gabriel is even more mature and smarter than kane9. But yeah gabriel's confidence comes partly of mikayla demaiter. He KNOWS he already has the bombest women in the earth so he ain't have to think nothing but the game after it. That's the best and hard right there. :clap: WE NEEDED EXACTLY THAT. Dubas got us just that. Now matthews and marner and everybody KNOW when they walk in the locker room, this guy gabriel has the best body in ice hockey and nobody will NEVER; EVER beat that. Not even matthews. Gabriel has the confidence, others don't. Period. We have the best now. He'll play, others won't. Period. Y'all already noted that and stated it hard in this thread. During these last 10 wise posts. Read up there. It's all up there, y'all fellow leafs hfboarders already wrote it down. Cause they KNOW THE GAME. We GOT GAME NOW like spile lee do.

Reactions: al secord

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Ryan Reaves
Matt Martin
Zack Kassian
Kurtis Gabriel
That’s what he is only cheaper. Dubas jumped on signing him quick. He’s a rare bird in his attributes and attitude of how he is going to play the game.
If he plays full time 4 th line which i pretty much think he will, he will have 200 hits on a 8 minutes per average. That’s just what he does.
Anybody think we don’t need that. He understands the game and plays sound defensively and plays with intensity and will be physical. He won’t be a Marlie.
“ Comes in hot” but they will get used to it he said in his interview lol
I like tough guys without the loose cannon or side show like attitudes.. Matt Martin is a great guy and is a tough guy on the ice. Players such as Reaves and Kassian don't interest me because their personalities. Gabriel seems like a good guy.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I like tough guys without the loose cannon or side show like attitudes.. Matt Martin is a great guy and is a tough guy on the ice. Players such as Reaves and Kassian don't interest me because their personalities. Gabriel seems like a good guy.
He can skate,hit and play defensively. 4th liner that bring some jam to our lineup.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Wait until you see him on the ice sire. I've seen him play. He will and was doing some weird stuff nobody ever even seen sire.... he'll be a fan favourite, but other teams will not like him I can assure you. He also talks a lot during games (wich we'll be loving again) and really gets under the opponents skin. Seen it happen. No wonder he got mikayla demaiter all to himself sire.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I
Wait until you see him on the ice sire. I've seen him play. He will and was doing some weird stuff nobody ever even seen sire.... he'll be a fan favourite, but other teams will not like him I can assure you. He also talks a lot during games (wich we'll be loving again) and really gets under the opponents skin. Seen it happen. No wonder he got mikayla demaiter all to himself sire.
Seen the arm throw which puts his opponents off balance, but doesn't seem to give him an advantage otherwise. Watching the reeves fight back again, he didn't do all that great.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
The social media alms passing is strong in this one. I know the exact type. HS bully who becomes a cop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->