Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Kirill Semyonov to a one year (2021/22) entry level contract

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Krill
upload_2021-5-5_8-58-59.jpeg

Reactions: Growler

Val

Jan 19, 2021
Kirill Semyonov is 26 y.o. center, left
His nickname is "Iron man" cause he played without interruption for several years (KHL record). He missed one playoff game due to injury in current year and return in next game.
High speed, prompt and master of interceptions puck. He was good PKiller in AVG.
That's all

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
There are worse ideas than an Engvall-Semyonov-Micheyev energy line, by the sounds.
Depth and competition and placeholders are all fine by me. Smart enough gamble.
Okulov next please: boom/bust potential for a complementary role in the top 6.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I wonder if he'd be willing to play for the Marlies if a full-time NHL role doesn't pan out. They could use, well, seemingly anything to help these days.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
There are worse ideas than an Engvall-Semyonov-Micheyev energy line, by the sounds.
Depth and competition and placeholders are all fine by me. Smart enough gamble.
Okulov next please: boom/bust potential for a complementary role in the top 6.

For me the Engvall experiment is over.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I always like these no risk gambles.

And looks like trading the recent khl signs didn't harm their ability to keep signing new guys (as expected)

Reactions: banks

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
46 points the year before, is equal to what Mikheyev did his last year in the KHL. Maybe he just had a bad year last year, for whatever reason? Then again, Barabanov also put up 46 points in the KHL as his peak.
Has nobody actually checked to see how Barabanov is doing for San Jose? He has 2 goals, 3 assists in 5 games played. Small sample, yes, but might have been misused here.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Has nobody actually checked to see how Barabanov is doing for San Jose? He has 2 goals, 3 assists in 5 games played. Small sample, yes, but might have been misused here.

With the level of competition in Toronto, either you produce early, or you aren't going to.

He was played on a line with Tavares and Nylander, Kerfoot and Nylander, Spezza and Kerfoot, other combos with Spezza... it just didn't happen for him here. He had two great games with the Marlies, but just didn't find his way with us. I don't think it was misuse... a lack of training camp, and it just didn't work for him. Happy for his success in SJ, he's playing with Hertl and Kane there.

Line Combinations - Frozen Tools

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I wouldn't expect much out of this signing. It's good though that we're still heavily involved in finding players from overseas to fill depth roles.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Giving 30 games to Vesey regardless of performance was far more important to this teams success. :laugh:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Giving 30 games to Vesey regardless of performance was far more important to this teams success. :laugh:

Vesey provided value outside of production. Barabanov was one of our worst defensive forwards in addition to one our worst offensive forwards when he was in the lineup. He did nothing well and that was against 4th line competition most of the time.

He was effectively Travis Boyd without the ridiculously high and unsustainable shooting rate.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Sounds like a 4C option. He's almost 27, so he's a finished product at this point. I don't mind being the team that serves as a conduit for Russians looking to enter the NHL though.

Reactions: Growler

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Sounds like a 4C option. He's almost 27, so he's a finished product at this point. I don't mind being the team that serves as a conduit for Russians looking to enter the NHL though.

Best case scenario he ends up a younger, cheaper and potentially more offensively inclined version of Riley Nash.

Reactions: Growler and Dr C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->