Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Kirill Semyonov to a one year (2021/22) entry level contract

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Better defensively and can play center, which makes him more valuable than Barabanov. Same offensive upside but he will have a proper training camp to let him adjust.

May work out like another Par Lindholm. Not bad but likely not a full time 4C either. Probably going to compete with Brooks to replace Engvall/Nash in the Leafs lineup next year and the best guy wins.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Smart signing Dubas.

These one year deals for skilled players from KHL is great. I think Kirill can be a solid option to compete for 3C next year, incase Dubas has other plans for a few players. Seattle is also happening let's not forget.

I think with a training camp and a solid shot at earning a spot (if he gets) he should be a good option.

Anyway, he probably won't be any use now and playoffs so I dont really care.

Any update on Foligno?

Reactions: The Cobra

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maple Leafs sign Kirill Semyonov to a one year ELC

Here’s the easy info: Semyonov is a 26 year old 6’1” center that has played for Avangard Omsk — Ilya Mikheyev’s old team in the KHL — who just won the Gagarin Cup.
But where Mikheyev had 45 points as a 24 year old in the KHL, Semyonov is coming off a season with 26 points. He did have 46 points the year before, however, and he also chipped in with 9 points in 23 playoff games.
We’ll probably get more scouting reports about him in the coming days, but if I were a betting man I’d say we signed him to compete for a spot in the bottom six and more depth at center.
Unsurprisingly, Semyonov is another client of the Leafs go-to agent for Russian players, Dan Milstein, so we Leafs fans will be eagerly awaiting news of what his favourite kind of food is. I hope it’s not soup, since that market is pretty crowded in Toronto now.

----------------------------------------------

Eventually, one or two of these guys will be useful for us.... so, worth the risk. You don't expect much, but are happy if they turn into something.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The forward group was augmented by a number of stopgap signings this season. Semyonov's level of opportunity will depend upon whether or not there is a reoccurence of that, roster limits, and other factors. The intention would be that he could step in immediately (due to his age) even if he isn't going to be remaining with the team over the longer term (pending UFA status).

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Maple Leafs sign Kirill Semyonov to a one year ELC

Here’s the easy info: Semyonov is a 26 year old 6’1” center that has played for Avangard Omsk — Ilya Mikheyev’s old team in the KHL — who just won the Gagarin Cup.
But where Mikheyev had 45 points as a 24 year old in the KHL, Semyonov is coming off a season with 26 points. He did have 46 points the year before, however, and he also chipped in with 9 points in 23 playoff games.
We’ll probably get more scouting reports about him in the coming days, but if I were a betting man I’d say we signed him to compete for a spot in the bottom six and more depth at center.
Unsurprisingly, Semyonov is another client of the Leafs go-to agent for Russian players, Dan Milstein, so we Leafs fans will be eagerly awaiting news of what his favourite kind of food is. I hope it’s not soup, since that market is pretty crowded in Toronto now.

----------------------------------------------

Eventually, one or two of these guys will be useful for us.... so, worth the risk. You don't expect much, but are happy if they turn into something.

So 1/2 as good scoring statistically as Mikheyev...not sure I can stand it LOL.

I hope Nash has a good run and wants to return on a value contract. I think the Leafs are a destination for minimum short term prove it contracts.

That is my preference for an extra centre.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So 1/2 as good scoring statistically as Mikheyev...not sure I can stand it LOL.

I hope Nash has a good run and wants to return on a value contract. I think the Leafs are a destination for minimum short term prove it contracts.

That is my preference for an extra centre.

46 points the year before, is equal to what Mikheyev did his last year in the KHL. Maybe he just had a bad year last year, for whatever reason? Then again, Barabanov also put up 46 points in the KHL as his peak.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
46 points the year before, is equal to what Mikheyev did his last year in the KHL. Maybe he just had a bad year last year, for whatever reason? Then again, Barabanov also put up 46 points in the KHL as his peak.
Well, Kovalchuk also joined the team this year as well as import Reid Boucher. I'm not sre if that had any impact, but I'd imagine he slotted off the PP for sure if he was on it the year prior. Just a guess, I have no clue

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Low risk medium award. Nothing to complain about. Anyone with a scouting report?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Crap I was hoping he was that goalie that is supposed to be the best goalie outside of the NHL, setting all those crazy records...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad