Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Axel Rindell to future 2 year contract

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Let me guess 5'6" 144 lbs

and he was born an raised in the Sault... :) (JK)

Everything about this kid screams Maple Leaf defenceman. He's more like a 4th forward than a dman. Loves to join the rush and couldn't tell you the name of any goalie that he's ever played with. the two things he needs to work on are his skating (who doesn't) and his play with out the puck. Those two things can be taught, you can't teach offensive instincts, which is what he has. He's a long shot to make the big's

Date of Birth Apr 23, 2000
Position D
Age21
Height 6'0" / 182 cm
Place of Birth Espoo, FIN
Weight 176 lbs / 80 kg
Nation Finland
Shoots R
Youth Team EJK

He's developed into a legitimate dual-threat offensive driver from the blue line. Rindell is easily an above-average shooter from the point, one that must be taken seriously as he quarterbacks the power play. He has a good one-timer, a deceptive wrist shot, and is good at creating shooting lanes for himself with fakes. -

Reactions: therealkoho

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Isn’t the 47 for this year. I was talking about next season.I counted 36 so not as high as I thought it was.

Yeah I don't he calculated it right.

Forwards (23)
Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Kampf - Abbruzzese
Clifford - Holmberg - Simmonds
Steeves - SDA - Anderson
Amirov - Douglas - Ellis
Ovchinnikov - Abramov - Gogolev
Voit/Kressler

Defence (10)
Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dahlstrom - Hollowell
Kral - Villeneuve
Kokkonen - Rindell

Goalies (3)
Mrazek
Kallgren
Woll

36 under contract

RFAs
Forwards:
Pierre Engvall, Odrej Kase,
Defence: Rasmus Sandin, Timothy Liljegren, Joseph Duszak, Kristians Rubins, Chad Krys
Goalies: Ian Scott

Assuming we resign Pierre, Sandin, Liljegren and one of the 3 dman we would have 40 contract slots.

I predict of the UFAs - we resign Spezza, Campbell, Giordano, maybe lyubushkin/blackwell/mikheyev. That would get us to 43-46

Gives us a slot for Knies, an ahl goalie + 2 extra
--------

Reactions: Apex Predator

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Yeah I don't he calculated it right.

Forwards (23)
Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Kampf - Abbruzzese
Clifford - Holmberg - Simmonds
Steeves - SDA - Anderson
Amirov - Douglas - Ellis
Ovchinnikov - Abramov - Gogolev
Voit/Kressler

Defence (10)
Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dahlstrom - Hollowell
Kral - Villeneuve
Kokkonen - Rindell

Goalies (3)
Mrazek
Kallgren
Woll

36 under contract

RFAs
Forwards:
Pierre Engvall, Odrej Kase,
Defence: Rasmus Sandin, Timothy Liljegren, Joseph Duszak, Kristians Rubins, Chad Krys
Goalies: Ian Scott

Assuming we resign Pierre, Sandin, Liljegren and one of the 3 dman we would have 40 contract slots.

I predict of the UFAs - we resign Spezza, Campbell, Giordano, maybe lyubushkin/blackwell/mikheyev. That would get us to 43-46

Gives us a slot for Knies, an ahl goalie + 2 extra
--------
Thanks for breaking it down like this. Looks nicer to read.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Engvall a rfa? Thought he was a ufa. That is comforting. More giraffe years in the blue and white to come I imagine. Deserves a raise though, incredible defensive player. And I think he has a 20 goal season in him to come.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Engvall a rfa? Thought he was a ufa. That is comforting. More giraffe years in the blue and white to come I imagine. Deserves a raise though, incredible defensive player. And I think he has a 20 goal season in him to come.

Yea he is an RFA, as is Kase.

I think Engvall gets around what Mikheyev is making now. I would resign him at that price.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Why are we signing these guys with ZERO wheels on D??????????????? and he is small too. Stop signing small slow guys please .. skill on D is almost useless at pro level

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I still can't believe this guy got an NHL contract. Guy really sucks playing D. Should just switch to forward.
Did look "OK" in playoffs with Kärpät though.

Obo

Nov 20, 2019
Given the obvious flaws that are being discussed here, I can only assume the Leafs must have evaluated him and decided that he still has upside and he is coachable.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Is it possible someone brought up his name in trade talks and Dubas decided to sign him to bring him to NA to evaluate for future inclusion in some prospective deal? A little far fetched I know, but sometimes all it takes is someone else's interest in something you have to give it a second look...

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Is it possible someone brought up his name in trade talks and Dubas decided to sign him to bring him to NA to evaluate for future inclusion in some prospective deal? A little far fetched I know, but sometimes all it takes is someone else's interest in something you have to give it a second look...
That's a little far fetched.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
surprising. Talented offensively, awful defensively.
You must of just decided you wanted to be part of the conversation. Feeling lonely are you? This player, who I have watched at least 10 times was always the best defensively minded player on his team. Stop making stuff up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad