Post-Game Talk: Leafs shutout by Yotes 2-0

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
That's a REAL record.

The 96 Wings were very close. But that team didn't even made the finals.

If we include the shortened seasons, the 2013 Hawks actually had an even higher winning percentage than that 96 Wings team.

Last edited:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
a lot of morons around me at the game last night. Totally uneducated comments all around. I was in Vegas too and their fans were much better - totally night and day.

I was not actually trying to be offensive, just frustrated, but mostly at the Leafs haha

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
The caps also play with Jam as do the Pens. You need it to be successful as these teams all incorporate it.
Easily my least favorite Leaf
team over the past 50 years.
Enough talent to win.
If.
They had Heart and Stones.
They have neither.
What a waste.
Shanny.
Fix it.
Or.
Fire Dubas!!

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Easily my least favorite Leaf
team over the past 50 years.
Enough talent to win.
If.
They had Heart and Stones.
They have neither.
What a waste.
Shanny.
Fix it.
Or.
Fire Dubas!!
What's surprising is Shanny was a hard nosed player in his day, he should know better. Interesting the personas or alter egos that these characters develop that take them away from their roots.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah.
No Heart.
We're gonna get killed in the
playoffs if this is our roster.
Dubas seems oblivious.
Dubas Disaster.
Can't stand him or his love of soft hockey.
Yeah skill
We will do well in the playoffs if Babcock allows us too.
Dubas seems smart
Dubas Genius
I stand him and his love of good hockey.

Reactions: saffronleaf

BudsOne

Jan 17, 2019
Reality of this all is this team ( the leafs) are just way to predictable.. The coaching staff has 1 plan of attack and go with it. Any half witted coach will pick up on this and smother it ... ( Rangers/Yotes/) just a couple of recent examples. Play them hard and play them fast there is your recipe for success. Babcock the game has passed you by. Your ego is bigger than the maple leaf on the front of the jersey and your feud with Dubas is killing this team. Get over it he is your boss not the other way around

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
I don't get it ... all of our direct contenders go out and hungry each and every single night!!!
There are no trap games for Tampa, Boston or even Montreal.
Yes some nights they suck (especially Montreal), but even when they fail ... they go out "Lose Hard" mode.
I actually just thought about the answer!!!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah.
No Heart.
Dubas seems oblivious.
Dubas Disaster.
I guess you loved the Dave Nonis days. The team was terrible, but its okay, at least the team had heart. Winning doesn't matter, only effort does. The team showed punching players and heart is the most important thing. We don't want to win, we just want heart.

Bring back Burke. Who cares if we are a bottom 5 team, need
heart heart heart heart:party: :yo:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah.
No Heart.
Dubas seems oblivious.
Dubas Disaster.

I don’t care if the win or lose in the playoffs, I just want to see them play hard tough hockey.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Love John Copper as he adapts to the game as it evolves. Babcock still does the same things that worked once in the early 2000's.

But he hasn’t won anything since 2012, so that means it’s not working according to the logic you have been presenting.

Babcock still gets his teams to put up wins in the stats sheet in today’s NHL so obviously his method is still working. Only 2 losing seasons in his career, pretty clear he has way that works.

Our problem is not Babcock, it is that the players are not problem solving when things are not working. If the stretch pass isn’t working, go short. If you can’t beat them with speed, use the cycle. Just my .02

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
What's surprising is Shanny was a hard nosed player in his day, he should know better. Interesting the personas or alter egos that these characters develop that take them away from their roots.
Great post.
Well said.
I can't believe he doesn't see the
flashing neon signs everywhere.
It's that obvious.
Supreme talent.
Very little character.

Reactions: dsred

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I guess you loved the Dave Nonis days. The team was terrible, but its okay, at least the team had heart. Winning doesn't matter, only effort does. The team showed punching players and heart is the most important thing. We don't want to win, we just want heart.

Bring back Burke. Who cares if we are a bottom 5 team, need
heart heart heart heart:party: :yo:
Okay.
If you won't be serious.
I will.
93 Leafs or 73-76 Leafs would be good examples
Talent.
Sittler/Salming/Mcdonald/Turnbull/Palmateer.
Toughness/Heart Etc.
Williams/Walker/Boutette/Dunn Etc.
Along with the fact that your best players were never pushed around with no response.
Including the talent dropping the mitts.
You people.
You have tunnel vision at best or are lacking curiosity intentionally; at worst.
To suggest that great players throughout NHL history were nothing more than face punchers is an ill thought out, high insult spouted by someone who seems to not be giving fair consideration to both points of view.
Just sayin'.
Talent.
Clark/Gilmour/Anderson/Ellett/Andreychuck Etc...
Heart.
See that?
Everyone else on that team had a mix of both or were tough/character players:Mccoun/Rouse/Berg/Zezel Etc...
Be original.
You new fans always revert to face punches yada yada yada.
New material would be appreciated.

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
Easily my favorite team of the last 50 years
They have skill but coach doesnt like it.
What a gain
Shanny
Don't fix it
Or.
Hire Dubas

Lay off the prozac and wake up to reality. This teams core is seriously lacking what it takes to succeed in the playoff meta. We're basically an all-skill euro-league team and Dubas is going to waste years and time we don't have before he realizes the problem. IF we win a playoff round it will be squarely on the back of stellar goal-tending and opportunistic scoring. We sure aren't going to outwork, outhit or even outplay our opponent. But I do hope I'm markedly wrong, just don't see it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Lay off the prozac and wake up to reality. This teams core is seriously lacking what it takes to succeed in the playoff meta. We're basically an all-skill euro-league team and Dubas is going to waste years and time we don't have before he realizes the problem. IF we win a playoff round it will be squarely on the back of stellar goal-tending and opportunistic scoring. We sure aren't going to outwork, outhit or even outplay our opponent. But I do hope I'm markedly wrong, just don't see it.
Okay.
If you won't be serious.
I will.
93 Leafs or 73-76 Leafs would be good examples
Talent.
Sittler/Salming/Mcdonald/Turnbull/Palmateer.
Toughness/Heart Etc.
Williams/Walker/Boutette/Dunn Etc.
Along with the fact that your best players were never pushed around with no response.
Including the talent dropping the mitts.
You people.
You have tunnel vision at best or are lacking curiosity intentionally; at worst.
To suggest that great players throughout NHL history were nothing more than face punchers is an ill thought out, high insult spouted by someone who seems to not be giving fair consideration to both points of view.
Just sayin'.
Talent.
Heart.
See that?
Everyone else on that team had a mix of both or were tough/character players:Mccoun/Rouse/Berg/Zezel Etc...
Be original.
You new fans always revert to face punches yada yada yada.
New material would be appreciated.

Sadly, the Leafs went from “ If you can’t beat them in the alley, you can’t beat them on the ice” to “ Our power play is our enforcer” ....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad