Proposal: Leafs/Sens/Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
... yes the Leafs can fit the big 4, Reilly and Anderson (and others, I'm describing the current situation) under the cap.

But, at some point, some player that we would have liked to keep will ultimately have to be moved because of cap constraints. That's inevitable and all teams undergo this situation eventually. If the process was actually as simple as what we like to describe, every team would do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Again, what's the incentive for Nashville? The gap between Subban and EK is not worth an additional 2 million in salary and a 1st.

Ellis, Fiala and Hartman to be resigned next summer, Josi the following and the year after I'd be shocked if Tolvanen isn't asking for decent money. Cap space will be valuable, and I think most likely is they lock down their free agents and try to keep as much cap space as possible to try to sign a forward to a one year higher money deal

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
... they can definitely fit their big 4 forwards under the cap despite what some might say but what after that? The supporting cast is going to start being too pricey, if Gardiner produces near the same rate I can't imagine him asking for a penny less than 6 and that's not doable. Going into 2019/20 with a top 4 of Rielly, Zaitsev, Dermott and Liljegren could be ugly

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, this whole narrative of Nylander being untouchable is getting out of hand. He's an excellent complementary piece, but for an elite #1RHD, you make him available every single time.
If they were both 22 and both making 7 million a year and both had 5 year contracts id agree. How much less is Subbans value since he is 7 years older and will have to pay 2 to 3 million a year more. Those two issues will decrease Subbans value.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
“Nylander is not available.” Oh, my ass. Subban wasn’t available either.
He’s gotta be the most overvalued player in the history of HF.
He’s a stud, sure, but he’s being treated like a superstar.
[MOD] he's not being traded.

That's not a Leafs fan Nylander is a sure fire HOF'er thing.
There is zero chance he's getting traded any time soon.
Unless someone decides they have to have him and blows the Leafs out of the water.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If they were both 22 and both making 7 million a year and both had 5 year contracts id agree. How much less is Subbans value since he is 7 years older and will have to pay 2 to 3 million a year more. Those two issues will decrease Subbans value.
If they were both 22 and making 7m per, Subban's value would be so far out of the park of Nylander's that you'd need three Nylanders to fetch Subban. Subban is worth far more straight up in the current world we live in.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If they were both 22 and making 7m per, Subban's value would be so far out of the park of Nylander's that you'd need three Nylanders to fetch Subban. Subban is worth far more straight up in the current world we live in.
the person said for an elite #1 D you make Nylander available everytime. I was attempting to show that is not a correct statement. Simplified Subban making 16 million a year is not worth squat.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not sure what’s more hilarious: that Sens fans think that impending UFA Karlsson would bring back Nylander and two 1sts, or that several of them don’t even think that’s enough.:laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
the person said for an elite #1 D you make Nylander available everytime. I was attempting to show that is not a correct statement. Simplified Subban making 16 million a year is not worth squat.
I'm that person...

That is a correct statement. You did not show otherwise. Subban isn't making $16m per year. You make Nylander++ available every time for CURRENT, WHAT ACTUALLY EXISTS, Subban.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'm that person...

That is a correct statement. You did not show otherwise. Subban isn't making $16m per year. You make Nylander++ available every time for CURRENT, WHAT ACTUALLY EXISTS, Subban.
hmmm bad move trading Suban for Nylander plus plus . By plus plus do you mean top prospect (Liljegrin and then a 1st)? Glad you're not the Leaf gm. Suban will start trending down. Age does that. Nylander and a couple of pluses all could be trending up, youth does that. Then there is the possibility that all 3, Nylander and the two pluses each become as valuable as Suban and for twice as long given the age differences.

Sort of like the stock market, knowing when to dump something that's topped out.
No deal.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
hmmm bad move trading Suban for Nylander plus plus . By plus plus do you mean top prospect (Liljegrin and then a 1st)? Glad you're not the Leaf gm. Suban will start trending down. Age does that. Nylander and a couple of pluses all could be trending up, youth does that. Then there is the possibility that all 3, Nylander and the two pluses each become as valuable as Suban and for twice as long given the age differences.

Sort of like the stock market, knowing when to dump something that's topped out.
No deal.

Lol. He's a year older than Tavares.

Guess giving 7 years to Tavares will ruin the Leafs. He's already trending down.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Lol. He's a year older than Tavares.

Guess giving 7 years to Tavares will ruin the Leafs. He's already trending down.
yep I don't expect JT to get better, he may stay the course for a few seasons and play to his present level but he will be trending down. JT wont ruin the Leafs but he is not worth Nylander plus plus either.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
yep I don't expect JT to get better, he may stay the course for a few seasons and play to his present level but he will be trending down. JT wont ruin the Leafs but he is not worth Nylander plus plus either.

Nylander++ doesn't get you an elite C. You guys severely overrate him.

Reactions: Snowman

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Nylander++ doesn't get you an elite C. You guys severely overrate him.
its all about Age. You're correct that Nylander and plus plus doesn't get a 22 year old JT. But I believe its an overpayment for a 28 year old JT. Not that 28 is old and all washed up but he 'll only have 5 more years of greatness left at most. Where the other 3 will have 10 plus more years each. 30>5 lol

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
its all about Age. You're correct that Nylander and plus plus doesn't get a 22 year old JT. But I believe its an overpayment for a 28 year old JT. Not that 28 is old and all washed up but he 'll only have 5 more years of greatness left at most. Where the other 3 will have 10 plus more years each. 30>5 lol

5 years of elite play > whatever that package offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->