Proposal: Leafs/Sens/Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
there is already a similar thread, but I envision it getting locked as Nashville completely fleeces the leafs and sens there

thoughts on this one?

TOR: Subban
OTT: Nylander, Tor 1st, Nsh 1st
NSH: Karlsson

Leafs get their stud D man. Nashville gets a dman that has averaged 71pts over the last 5 years for a guy that has averaged 53 and only have to give up a late 1st. Ottawa starts a rebuild with a pair of 1sts and a kid that steps in right away as their 2nd most talented forward (and only guy besides stone that is a 60+pt guy)

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Nylander is 8 years younger and cheaper. Leafs strength is that they are hard to line match against.

Also, Tavares would flip if Marner was dealt. Matthews would flip if Nylander was dealt. Marner can’t play with both Matthews and Tavares.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Leafs wont move Willy but even the rest of the trade doesnt add up. Nashville gets 1 yest of Karlsson for 4 years of Subban and a 1st? Dont touch it if I'm Nashville cant bank on Karlsson resigning when he has absolutely 0 allegiance to your team.

Reactions: Ice and Whiskey

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I think the Nash/tor/Ott three way is pretty tough to work. Prob easier for two of the three teams to make a deal if each needed even swaps.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
We need good wingers to play with our good centres. If we trade Nylander then Matthews ends up with Hyman and Brown again. I love 'em both, but they should not be Matthews' wingers.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
“Nylander is not available.” Oh, my ass. Subban wasn’t available either.
He’s gotta be the most overvalued player in the history of HF.
He’s a stud, sure, but he’s being treated like a superstar.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
This is like the twentieth thread that includes Subban, Karlsson and Nylander. Just because you know that they are popular players for their teams doesn't mean they need to get traded for each other.

As for the trade itself we don't need to swap Subban for Karlsson at the expense of a 1st, our prospect pool aside from Tolvanen and maybe Fabbro is dog crap. Subban is more than fine being a 50-60 point defenseman on the 2nd pairing who ups his game in the playoffs.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
This is like the twentieth thread that includes Subban, Karlsson and Nylander. Just because you know that they are popular players for their teams doesn't mean they need to get traded for each other.
And curiously enough, while Subban and Karlsson have been constants, their value relative to the Leafs has gone from involving Marner+ to nearly Nylander straight-up. Amazing how the latter's value has sky-rocketed in the last two months despite none of them having played a minute in that time.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
Can’t see the Preds liking this one.

Even with Nylander traded, can the Leafs afford Subban and his 9M cap hit after this season?

Also, it would be travesty seeing him in a Sens uniform. No thanks.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
“Nylander is not available.” Oh, my ass. Subban wasn’t available either.
He’s gotta be the most overvalued player in the history of HF.
He’s a stud, sure, but he’s being treated like a superstar.
Yeah, this whole narrative of Nylander being untouchable is getting out of hand. He's an excellent complementary piece, but for an elite #1RHD, you make him available every single time.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah, this whole narrative of Nylander being untouchable is getting out of hand. He's an excellent complementary piece, but for an elite #1RHD, you make him available every single time.
Of course, but nobody is dealing that....we get told Faulk/Myers will cost Nylander.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Of course, but nobody is dealing that....we get told Faulk/Myers will cost Nylander.
I agree it's crazy to suggest Myers would fetch Nylander. I'm pretty high on Faulk, but realize he hasn't had a good year lately. So I'll concede that Nylander holds more value now.

I'm referring to the offer in the OP.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The gap between Subban and Karlsson is not a 1st, especially considering Subban is signed long term for about 2 million less than Karlsson will cost, assuming he will even sign.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I agree it's crazy to suggest Myers would fetch Nylander. I'm pretty high on Faulk, but realize he hasn't had a good year lately. So I'll concede that Nylander holds more value now.

I'm referring to the offer in the OP.
Ah, well here's my take, value wise Nylander+1st for Subban is a win for Toronto, but i don't want to target Subban. I think the Leafs should be aiming lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad