Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
tenor.gif
The other 14 wheels already fell off

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If the issue is the team has outright quit on the coach, then that's a serious issue with the make-up of the team to quit on a coach this close to the playoffs and a terrible sign going forward of the mental make-up of the roster.

They haven’t looked good all season long. They are winning on talent. You will never convince me that a team that has players like Matthews, Rielly, Marner, Tavares are the problem and not the coaching.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
The right move was to keep a guy that’s shown throughout his career that he’s a borderline backup over a young goalie that could potentially be something??? That’s not how the league works anymore lol

Sparks is never going to be something and despite good AHL numbers he has never in his life shown an NHL skillset. Mcelhinney has consistently been one of the better back ups in the league not "borderline". The fact that Dubas kept him over Mcelhinney should be concerning with regards to this organizations evaluation of goaltending talent

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I also thought Sparks sucked before this season.

But he did mismanage the goalie situation. He had Holl sit for all of 2 games (prior to the injuries), he could have had 3 goalies, pretty much all season.
He could have managed the goalies better.

Meh, I don't blame him for the decision. I blame Sparks for sucking.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Trouble in paradise with this team. I’m hoping they can work out the major issues before playoffs but I have serious doubts

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Exactly. EXACTLY. The backup position should not be a development role on a supposed contending team.

I'm not even a huge McBackup fan, but I know I'd rather a player that already knows his role.

exactly. hehe like Honestly. i don't care who it is, as long as they win, but it drives me nuts that everyone was like "Ooh but we would have lost sparks." WHO CARES. is he gonna replace Andersen? No. then let him be claimed. then he would have been either playing more (as he should be) or in the Marlies. (as he should be).

what he SHOULDN'T be is playing like 15 games and sucking. to be fair. it doesn't help the team in front of him ALSO SUCKS. right now but yah. i'm sorry - Dubas totally. dropped the ball here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad