GDT: Leafs @ Sens - 7:00 CBC - Part II

Tonight's MVP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Babcock "Well i just thought they were good tonight, took it to us early and obviously had us chasing the game, we could never recover. We need to continue to get better and clean up a bit here goin forward.

Reactions: supermann_98

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Which was the right decsision then.

Hindsight obviously says otherwise now

Its not hindsight.

Unless someone believed Sparks could be more than a backup goalie, it made zero sense to get rid of McBackup, who was the best option.

This isn’t a hindsight thing, plenty of people have been saying this since October.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Can Nylander or Marner play right D?
Certainly couldn’t be any worse down that side.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
tenor.gif

Reactions: biotk and ToneDog

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
the right move for this team was to keep the better back up goalie, so that we could give our starting goalie more rest.
the right move for this team is to have a veteran guy in the net, vs a rookie learning his paces.
The right move for this team - who wants to win something would have been to keep the better back up goalie, and keep an eye out for another goalie down the road. it's a goalie. 8x10 the starting goalie comes via trade anyway.

People got all wrapped up in "oooh he's younger. " "Ooh he's AHL goalie of the year.".
it was not the right move to keep him. there is absolutely 100 percent no hindsight in this at all.

Exactly. EXACTLY. The backup position should not be a development role on a supposed contending team.

I'm not even a huge McBackup fan, but I know I'd rather a player that already knows his role.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Babcock "Well i just thought they were good tonight, took it to us early and obviously had us chasing the game, we could never recover. We need to continue to get better and clean up a bit here goin forward.
He is going to start sounding a lot like Carlyle and Wilson soon enough.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
You're something. The 6th goal was completely on the Leafs! There! Gotcha. Is this a pissing contest for ya? You bored and upset that I disagree with you on stuff? That's why I want to know if you need a hug.

I'm pointing out that Sparks is at fault. "Gotcha"... LOL... you got nothing, I already said half the leafs are at fault.

I'm simply pointing out how wrong you are/were that this game is NOT on Sparks at all. You just won't give it up but keep trying to defend that this game is NOT Sparks fault at all.

You were wrong, it's OK to be wrong sometimes.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
They don’t. The team has definitely checked out on coaching. They are done with Babcock.
If the issue is the team has outright quit on the coach, then that's a serious issue with the make-up of the team to quit on a coach this close to the playoffs and a terrible sign going forward of the mental make-up of the roster.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
The fact that you don't think the backup matters when he cost us a game that likely ends any hope of getting home ice indicates any debating with you will likely go nowhere.

Glad you think it was a smart move pal.

We do have a better record and better underlying stats on the road :dunno:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I'm honestly so glad Sparks is getting the Bronx cheer , I hope he cries his way out of the arena. f***ing trash sieve

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I'm honestly so glad Sparks is getting the Bronx cheer , I hope he cries his way out of the arena. f***ing trash sieve

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Although not Matthew's fault but ppl loved to compare him to McDavid

I want to see more out of Matthews. More conviction, more heart and leadership

Crosby at his age took control of his team. He wasn't handed over. Ovechkin took over the Caps. That's easy generational players do

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
the right move for this team was to keep the better back up goalie, so that we could give our starting goalie more rest.
the right move for this team is to have a veteran guy in the net, vs a rookie learning his paces.
The right move for this team - who wants to win something would have been to keep the better back up goalie, and keep an eye out for another goalie down the road. it's a goalie. 8x10 the starting goalie comes via trade anyway.

People got all wrapped up in "oooh he's younger. " "Ooh he's AHL goalie of the year.".
it was not the right move to keep him. there is absolutely 100 percent no hindsight in this at all.
I agree it was wrong, but if you can’t see that it was the right move at the time then can’t help you with that!!
Curtis was good for us, yes. And he’s been good this year yes, but he’s been a borderline NHLer his entire career, if you can’t see that you should try watching more than just the leafs

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Its not hindsight.

Unless someone believed Sparks could be more than a backup goalie, it made zero sense to get rid of McBackup, who was the best option.

This isn’t a hindsight thing, plenty of people have been saying this since October.

I mean, it sucks right now, but im still not getting terribly upset about the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->