GDT: Leafs @ Sens - 7:00 CBC - Part II

Tonight's MVP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
Built the Leafs into the contenders. Then did the same in a year with the hapless isles.
The leafs used the draft to rebuild the team, Lou was here to teach that was the plan from the get go. The rebuild was thanks to the draft. He added plugs and dead weight to the isles. Their success is on trotz. And they aren’t a contender not even close.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
A proven top-5 backup goalie lmao. The guy had like a career .905 sv% before last season.

I don't agree with the decision because I thought Sparks sucks before the season started, but getting mad at Dubas for solid asset management sounds dumb to me.
I also thought Sparks sucked before this season.

But he did mismanage the goalie situation. He had Holl sit for all of 2 games (prior to the injuries), he could have had 3 goalies, pretty much all season.
He could have managed the goalies better.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Good cop out

You're something. The 6th goal was completely on the Leafs! There! Gotcha. Is this a pissing contest for ya? You bored and upset that I disagree with you on stuff? That's why I want to know if you need a hug.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The TV analysts are right on, they are just too soft to play against.

I often wonder if, after the game, the others teams are like "man are they ever easy to play against". They must. I swear, I could do something with all the open ice this Leafs team gives to their opponents.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The right move was to keep a guy that’s shown throughout his career that he’s a borderline backup over a young goalie that could potentially be something??? That’s not how the league works anymore lol

the right move for this team was to keep the better back up goalie, so that we could give our starting goalie more rest.
the right move for this team is to have a veteran guy in the net, vs a rookie learning his paces.
The right move for this team - who wants to win something would have been to keep the better back up goalie, and keep an eye out for another goalie down the road. it's a goalie. 8x10 the starting goalie comes via trade anyway.

People got all wrapped up in "oooh he's younger. " "Ooh he's AHL goalie of the year.".
it was not the right move to keep him. there is absolutely 100 percent no hindsight in this at all.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I have to disagee. We’ve watched this since late December. The leafs haven’t been able to get consistent offensive zone time since December and it’s been slowing the team down a lot. Something changed, i think Nylander is a fantastic player, but I do believe that him coming back really disrupted the flow of the team.

Not that the past couple months are his fault, but we were rolling along and sometimes all it takes is one minor change to throw things out of whack. Then add in Dermott and Gardiner gone, we cannot move the puck as well

I disagree, it is just coincidental.

Teams play loose early in the year and then start tightening it up.

This type of play goes right back to the final game of the playoffs for the Leafs last year.

This is who they are.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Are you trying to tell me that our defensive play was so much better last year? I'm not basing my comments on this game alone with regards to Sparks play nor am I pinning every goal he gives up squarely on him. But to say that a better goalie wouldn't at least give us a better chance to stay within reach...well then, I don't know what to tell you.
A better goalie? Like Andersen, a vezina candidate? You give up 15-20 shots in every first period, no goalie is going to be able to sustain that slaughter.

Reactions: biotk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad