GDT: Leafs @ Senators - 7PM - SNO - "Two losing streaks don't make an easy reverse retro win"

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Toronto Maple Leafs (19-7-2) at Ottawa Senators (9-20-1)

1231190263.0.jpg

White will be a game-time decision, Senators coach D.J. Smith said. … Smith said Anisimov's injury is not serious and the center won't be out for long. … The Maple Leafs did not hold a morning skate after losing 5-2 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday.

The Senators have been bad, for sure – but are they really this bad? Their next stretch of games will go a long way toward answering that question. Ottawa has played 18 of its first 30 games on the road, and are about to see a major correction in that regard with 12 of their next 15 games played at Canadian Tire Centre over the next month. And the Senators have played admirably at home this season, boasting a 5-6-1 record entering Sunday’s action.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Great Sunday vibes today. Will they all be ruined by Senators hockey? You'll just have to tune in to find out!

Reactions: Dionysus

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
The Mike Reilly experience!

Also the Gudbranson experience :(

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Please be the good Matt Murray tonight. I’m all in on the tank now, just want to keep it respectful.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
More fancy stats y'all

Interesting to see Norris so high on the list. A positive sign anyway. Timmy being near the bottom is not all that surprising with some of his ill-advised passes and just being physically outmatched. I'm sure that will improve as he grows stronger and learns when and where he can make riskier plays more effectively.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Interesting to see Norris so high on the list. A positive sign anyway. Timmy being near the bottom is not all that surprising with some of his ill-advised passes and just being physically outmatched. I'm sure that will improve as he grows stronger and learns when and where he can make riskier plays more effectively.

Defensive forward Chris Tierney hopefully gets off the list soon lol.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Yes, he is a young prospect just learning his way! HaHaHa!

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
More fancy stats y'all

I'm not one to downplay defensive forward play or analytics but that bottom group of forwards would absolutely tune the top group of forwards, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take from this? I guess if you're in the bottom group you better be a good offensive player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->