Post-Game Talk: Leafs season over. Leafs lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Your always crapping in Marner and trying to justify why silly is so good. Willy stunk again in the playoffs. Blaming his impotence on his line mates. He is too soft and is deathly afraid to take a hit.
That will never change.

This is such bullshit. Why so afraid to admit marner wasn’t good enough? I don’t get it. Nylander stink no arguments here, but linemates are a factor that line was essentially built to not be scored on. A way for babs to protect nylander (because he was playing shit) defensively but as a consequence it had nothing offensively. But it was still shit.

How you can harp on that third line when a 94 point winger and a 47 goal centre had 4 points and 2 goals respectively?

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Was planning on watching the game after work but got spoiled in an e-mail from an online store selling NHL merch, not subscribing to those e-mails anymore...But on second thought it saved me from wasting time watching this ****. I need a break from hockey now.

nwarrior

Aug 28, 2010
Really? Would it not be terribly humiliating to make a declaration that one is done with the team only to slink back and pretend nothing had ever happened? These people did sign their names and this thread can be bumped.

Lol HF posters don't get humiliated

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
They have their target and they'll bully him out of the town. I hope Nylander brings the Cup back like Kessel did. Only time we get to see Cups in this town.

If we trade nylander so be it, he was shit. The inexcusable ignoring of marner and Jt series is where I’m having hard time understanding. They really were invisible, “shutting down” Bergeron line is only part of it. Top top players shut down and score wether in pp or against that same line 5 on 5

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
I believe in the following...

'I can suffer the treachery of those I like, but not their incompetence. Because treachery requires NO mistakes.'

What does that mean? The 1st part of that tenet is I can put up with the Leafs stupidity, as long as I, their fan, gain something from it.

There was NOT ONE DAMN THING that I gained from them in this year's playoffs.

That's what boils me like no one else about the NHL when it comes to the playoffs for ALL of Canada's clubs, city be damned.

Because I cheer all of them equally in the playoffs, and am willing to make that sacrifice.

But it's obvious to me that all those who are fans of Canada's teams aren't willing to follow MY example in that respect. And that is a mistake that the treachery does NOT allow for.

So, what are us, who are fans of Canada's teams, going to do to change that? I'd really like to know.

>=[
wa3fvN9.gif

nwarrior

Aug 28, 2010
I'm putting this one on the coach.

Get the talent on this team a coach who will play the best players appropriate minutes (and play them TOGETHER rather than spread thin), without tired tactics like the stretch pass, and we could have run circles around the Bruins.

Babcock doesn't change anything so why should the results change?

Oh that stretch pass yesterday was frustrating to watch. Either Babs was saying to keep doing it or they tuned him out. Regardless we lost this series due to coaching.

I really wanted to like Babs and have been a supporter... until now.

Reactions: LastOne2100

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Oh that stretch pass yesterday was frustrating to watch. Either Babs was saying to keep doing it or they tuned him out. Regardless we lost this series due to coaching.

I really wanted to like Babs and have been a supporter... until now.

They were doing it all year. The stretch pass had to have come from the coaching staff.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Didn't watch. Didn't care. Won't be looking forward to how this team tries to improve itself during the offseason. Won't be following next season.

Team's a joke.

Reactions: Doublechin

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Stop blaming your team. The odds were extremely low for this team to beat a team which had Patrice Bergeron at center and Charlie McAvoy on D. No answer for either of these yet they did their fair share of shutting things down.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If we have given Babcock 2 chances despite his mistakes, Kadri absolutely deserves one more chance.

Kadri has his 2 chances, if you include indiscretions outside of playoffs he has had way more than 2.

In saying that unless it’s a really good deal I’d keep kadri

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Burke had some interesting thoughts on Fan 590 this morning. Thought Marleau played his best game of the season. Thought many did not show up. Would not even give Nylander a grade of F. McGuire on TSN 1050 says Nylander is not a C and it was not even close vs Coyle.

Burke thinks many players will not return. Pretty obvious to me.

What concerns me is that they folded the tent when the Bruins went up 3-1. Can't say the same for the Sharks last night. This team does not have a winning mentality yet. They can give us lip service but the proof is in the pudding.

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
Tough and interesting series from a neutral point of view. I know it must sting, but winning a series, let alone the Cup, is just damn hard. Two tight seven game series seriously a bounce here or there and things could have been different. Toronto has a great core and is looking at a relatively long and open window for competition. Sucks to be out so early, but you look at a team like Washington or even the Bruins, there was a lot of pain before the big prize. It won't always be peachy smooth sailing ala Chicago even if you have a damn good team.

Next year no reason why Leafs arent in top-5 of contenders to win. Enjoy the summer everyone.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If we have given Babcock 2 chances despite his mistakes, Kadri absolutely deserves one more chance.

I thought these playoffs were his one more chance myself. I've been one of his biggest supporters over the years but it's pretty hard to have faith in this guy at this point in time. I wouldn't even be surprised if he's the only player in NHL history to be suspended in the 1st round two years in a row.

The only way I'm keeping Kadri is if his trade value is so low that I can't get a decent return for him. But how much value does a player have who you can't count on to even be able to suit up in the playoffs?

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This is such bull****. Why so afraid to admit marner wasn’t good enough? I don’t get it. Nylander stink no arguments here, but linemates are a factor that line was essentially built to not be scored on. A way for babs to protect nylander (because he was playing ****) defensively but as a consequence it had nothing offensively. But it was still ****.

How you can harp on that third line when a 94 point winger and a 47 goal centre had 4 points and 2 goals respectively?

Burke said that too many did not show up. I was trying to determine who those were that did not show up. Nylander stunk but Marner has to fall into the group that did not show up. Difference is that Marner has been the man all year long so Babs is going to stick with him the same way he did with Marleau, Brown, Z, and all the his other favs on this team.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Burke had some interesting thoughts on Fan 590 this morning. Thought Marleau played his best game of the season. Thought many did not show up. Would not even give Nylander a grade of F. McGuire on TSN 1050 says Nylander is not a C and it was not even close vs Coyle.

at least this guy isn't in charge anymore, always a bright side

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Terrible LW depth, terrible RD depth.

None of them fixed by management. No attempt to fix them internally by Babcock.

It's hilarious how Marner and Tavares just get shut down completely and Babcock doesn't even consider giving them a linemate who can actually put the puck in the net. Just thick headed, stubborn nonsense.

Top down, this team has a lot of issues. Management never cared about fixing them, making them an issue as well.

Reactions: hector morrison

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If we trade nylander so be it, he was ****. The inexcusable ignoring of marner and Jt series is where I’m having hard time understanding. They really were invisible, “shutting down” Bergeron line is only part of it. Top top players shut down and score wether in pp or against that same line 5 on 5

Burke thought Matthews was OK in the series. Also thought JT was their best player. JT went up against one of the best players in the history of the game. It is no surprise he is not going to be as good offensively. I thought JT was fine and grinded. I cannot say the same for many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->