Pre-Game Talk: Leafs & Sabres, B2B Home and Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I still was hoping for Andersen to start the first of all back to back games, but I think at this point they care more about getting Hutch his first win which I can understand. The main area of focus for me is if the team can avoid playing like garbage on Saturday

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto

Man..so pumped to think about what happens potentially when Marner and Moore come back.

AJ-Matty-Willy
Soup-JT-Marner
Kerfoot-Spezza-Kappy
Moore-GOAT-Hyman

:nod:

Though I hate that Engvall will likely be sent back down. Or really thinking outside the box, bottom 6 could look like:

Hyman-Spezza-Kappy
Moore-Kerfoot-Engvall

We will have some nice options either way :banana:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Gotta think this is a must win for Hutch barring some sort of 1-0 shootout loss

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
2 wins here would have solidly back on track.

I'd even be very happy with 3 of 4 points

Sometimes that would be acceptable but the problem here is that if we get only 3 out of the 4, that would mean that Buffalo will get at least 2, maybe 3 if our win is in OT/SO. We need to separate ourselves from Buffalo, Habs, Panthers as much and as quickly as possible.

Reactions: Warden of the North

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Hutchinson has a .880 save rate. We have allowed an average 31 shots against per game with Keefe

So he will let in 3 or 4 goals.

We need to score 4+ goals and we'll be good.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
Man..so pumped to think about what happens potentially when Marner and Moore come back.

AJ-Matty-Willy
Soup-JT-Marner
Kerfoot-Spezza-Kappy
Moore-GOAT-Hyman

:nod:

Though I hate that Engvall will likely be sent back down. Or really thinking outside the box, bottom 6 could look like:

Hyman-Spezza-Kappy
Moore-Kerfoot-Engvall

We will have some nice options either way :banana:

Who is Soup?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hutchinson has a .880 save rate. We have allowed an average 31 shots against per game with Keefe

So he will let in 3 or 4 goals.

We need to score 4+ goals and we'll be good.
His career average is .906% though...

So he's bound to have a good game at some point.

Reactions: stickty111

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Sometimes that would be acceptable but the problem here is that if we get only 3 out of the 4, that would mean that Buffalo will get at least 2, maybe 3 if our win is in OT/SO. We need to separate ourselves from Buffalo, Habs, Panthers as much and as quickly as possible.
Winning both would be huge. Crushing their spirit while doing so would be a huge plus.

Reactions: Vaive50

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I still was hoping for Andersen to start the first of all back to back games, but I think at this point they care more about getting Hutch his first win which I can understand. The main area of focus for me is if the team can avoid playing like garbage on Saturday

Im fine with Hutch starting the first game because at least both teams on saturday will be tired, as opposed to the leafs facing a rested team.

I think we have a good shot at both games.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Win both of these games and things will be back on track after our very very average start

I like what were doing with the goalies, the backup has to play so let's get him in there while we're playing well and build Hutchinson's confidence up

Keep it going boys, winning and exciting play are fun so let's continue doing that

Great time to be a Leaf fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad